forum

[Archived] What Rate Is Used To Make Sped Up Songs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]
\o

I found this map and thought the song was good, but I thought it would be cool if there was a sped up ver of it. the only one I could find was a cover and I was wondering if and what is the certain rate that people use to make sped up songs usually in osu?

Polyspora
dunno if there is a specific rate that people use but double time increases the bpm by 1.5x and reduces the length of the map by 33%

nightcore increases the pitch of the song and do basically the same thing as DT gameplay wise
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]

Polyspora wrote:

dunno if there is a specific rate that people use but double time increases the bpm by 1.5x and reduces the length of the map by 33%

nightcore increases the pitch of the song and do basically the same thing as DT gameplay wise

hmm when i see sped up maps, they are like slower than normal dt?
Polyspora

[-Omni-] wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

hmm when i see sped up maps, they are like slower than normal dt?
I do not know that, I'm sorry

my guess would be that its the same speed as double time
Death
There is no set rate that people use to make sped up versions of songs. ~1.1-1.2x is really common from what I've seen, but it could be anything.

Take some of your favorite sped up maps, find the non-sped up equivalents, then divide the sped up BPM by the original BPM and you'll have the rate that was used. You can use that to get a general idea of what rates people are using.
Topic Starter
[-Omni-]
ooh.. ill have to try that out when i get home! ty! :)

Death wrote:

There is no set rate that people use to make sped up versions of songs. ~1.1-1.2x is really common from what I've seen, but it could be anything.

Take some of your favorite sped up maps, find the non-sped up equivalents, then divide the sped up BPM by the original BPM and you'll have the rate that was used. You can use that to get a general idea of what rates people are using.