forum

[Archived] Any tips on how to make the game less flashy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Re-cursive
I already try to avoid playing beatmaps that have a flash warning on them, but there are few things that I'd like to know how to turn off in the game itself.

For example, the flashing lights at the title screen. Or flickering sliders and circles when playing a beatmap (they're flickering very slightly, but that becomes visible when you turn the background brightness down). I would like to know how to remove them (or at least minimize the flashing/flickering). Got any tips?

If you know about some other in-game flashy elements and know how to remove them - please share as well. Thanks in advance.
Lyawi
you should scroll through in-game options, there's a lot of settings you can adjust to your likings
if beatmaps have a flash warning, that's only due to existent video/storyboard. you should turn them off.
in skinning, there are a few sudden (in some extent flashy) elements aswell... maybe you're able to find a good minimalistic skin? though i can't guarantee that there are no more such elements in those.
Topic Starter
Re-cursive

Lyawi wrote:

you should scroll through in-game options, there's a lot of settings you can adjust to your likings
if beatmaps have a flash warning, that's only due to existent video/storyboard. you should turn them off.
in skinning, there are a few sudden (in some extent flashy) elements aswell... maybe you're able to find a good minimalistic skin? though i can't guarantee that there are no more such elements in those.
Thanks for mentioning storyboards. I didn't know what these were and didn't know you could turn them off as well. Funny, considering that I already played the game for quite some time few years ago.
I already tweaked the settings according to my own needs. I still can't find a way to disable the title screen flashing, though. It seems that I need to disable the songs autoplaying on startup, but I can't find that option either. Guess I'll just have to go with what I have for now. It's better than nothing.
Thanks again.