forum

Professor Layton Skin (V.2 RELEASED!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
sakuratears_old
I love you.

Seriously. I love you. *downloads*
Gens
Wow, I was surprised no one brought this skin before. Glad to see that someone finally did it. :)
For this to be your first skin, it is actually pretty good. You got some solid ideas there~ (It still needs some work on it, though.)

If you want, I can help you on stuff you're having problems with. :D

Just 2 things to point out:
1. Maybe it's not the best thing to name the skin (in the skin.ini file) "We're in Osu, Proffessah!". If you're taking the skin seriously, of course. :P (By the way, real players of osu! call osu! "osu!", not Osu~)
2. "Proffessor" is misspelled in the thread title and in the skin name. It's "Professor". ;)

Keep up the good work!
Behon
Aaaaaagh you beat me to the punch

Anyway, the skin name and countdown graphics are really really clever and the hats are a good idea, but there's some white fuzz around them that you might want to erase or change to a black outline. Also, it would be a good idea to create some custom hitcircle numbers, and voice clips for the combo bursts and maybe the "Puzzle Solved!" music for applause, if you could find them. If you're interested, I can help look for them.

EDIT: One more thing, here's a big picture of the hat logo. You might want to change the hitcircle's outline and color to better match it: http://up.ppy.sh/files/layton.jpg
Derekku
Oooh, I love Layton <3 Nice job so far :3

PS: "You know Luke... this reminds me of Puzzle"

I think you forgot an article there :P
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Thanks everyone, I'mma' fixing and improving it now ;)
PokuMii
Oh god yes.

PLEASE finish this!
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kittys_old
YAY! I love the games and I love this skin. ^w^
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
YoshiKart
Professor! I've solved it!

*downloads
Matma Rex
Uh, there are already some skin parts from Layton (hitcircle and spinner), made by WyndII and me; I used it in my map, http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7103. You might want to check it out.
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Ah, yes, I have that map~

It's a great map, I drew some inspiration from it.
Mashley
Needs more hats
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
We now have a video!

anonymous_old
Holy cow that fruit catcher is amazing.
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
Lol, it was just a quick modification of this~

I was thinking of making a better one, actually.
DoktorOffline
The link is broken D;
Topic Starter
RandomJibberish
10 month bump :/

I'll fix it now
Ricardo-Stryki
The link of v.2 is down D: Please upload!
wav
[old post]
[Kanzaki Ranko]

MrHappy100 wrote:

sakuratears wrote:

I love you.

Seriously. I love you. *downloads*
What.

@Topic
Not even sure if you're still going to update this skin (most likely not), but I think it would look better if the left part of the song selection buttons (can't remember their name right now) had a black stroke, like the rest of the button. :P
Secretpipe
Thanks a lot for this but the link is broken
zorefire
The skins link's do not work :(.
r E s P
Very nice skin but very old. :D