forum

hey im new why do ppl not like ctb that much

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jigglypuffff
im in the osu discord server and i told some people im a ctb player and they dont rlly like ctb, any answers?? (nothing serious i just want to know why)
Lyawi
they're used to clicking to the beat while only in osu!catch that's not really the case, you already use your keys to reach the objects.

these people don't know this mode can actually be really hard to master
his everything
Apparently for people clicking to the beat > catching the beat
[ Sebastian ]
Osu!catch is the least popular gamemode. People are going to care more about Standard, Mania, and Taiko more than Catch.
Edgar_Figaro
Many people don't consider CTB to be an actual rhythm game since you catch objects to the beat rather than tapping to the beat. However as you get better the rhythm of the song becomes more and more important and you can feel the song with your movements.

Due to the lack of popularity and the fact that many don't see the rhythm aspect it has unfortunately been given the nickname of "mini-game" from much of the standard community. However it takes just as much time and dedication to master as any other gamemode.
mdwalters
I don't know either. I use it because the other modes are too fast for me.
Crogzyy-
Well.. it's the fact that people are used to tapping circles and that stuff, while in catch your "catching" the beat. It doesn't fit in with the style of the other modes
C2W
I'm not an old player, so I would like to try expressing my opinion as a new comer, here I emphasize "First Impression".

First, most diff below platter could be fc'ed without actually following the rhythm unlike other modes. So it's more likely leave negative impression for new players. (For me, It's like "the game's so stupidly cute lol")

And some difficult std map (which often contains lots of stream) could be beaten far more easily in ctb, so that's also could be the reason why ctb is despised as "Effortless Minigame". ( In my case, everything will freeze (lunatic). Noob in std like me has more than 100 attempt and still can't reach 90% acc. But in ctb? Boom! 90~95% acc in first try. Though it's bad in ctb standard, but as someone who just enter the game, it's satisfying.)

What's more, the default skin looks suck in my opinion. It's just not cool, it looks like some kindergarten mini game if combined with low difficulty. Once I switch my skin to other ones, it suddenly gives me far more different vibes. (Though most player don't use default skin, but if they only care about one other mode, then it has higher chance that ctb is not covered. So that's the reason why I think it also matters. But hey, newer default skin like argon in Lazer is actually cool.)
Stomiks
I think it's because catch is such a different game mode, or even rhythm game compared to the other ones. Not everyone is gonna give a chance because of how unique it is.
BlueChinchompa
Yeah but maybe there opinion would change once they realize that you get more ranked score in catch than standard :)
Nikolai

BlueChinchompa wrote:

Yeah but maybe there opinion would change once they realize that you get more ranked score in catch than standard :)
Edgar_Figaro

BlueChinchompa wrote:

Most people don't care about ranked score and the ones that do don't actually care about the number itself but the competition aspect. So whether you farm ranked score in Standard or CTB is ultimately the same.
[ Sebastian ]

Nikolai wrote:

BlueChinchompa wrote:

YERTI pfp moment.

Anyways, I honestly like how catch is smaller than the other game modes. Makes us more closer together.
Houraisan-Kaguya

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Many people don't consider CTB to be an actual rhythm game since you catch objects to the beat rather than tapping to the beat. However as you get better the rhythm of the song becomes more and more important and you can feel the song with your movements.

Due to the lack of popularity and the fact that many don't see the rhythm aspect it has unfortunately been given the nickname of "mini-game" from much of the standard community. However it takes just as much time and dedication to master as any other gamemode.
Yep, a lot of ppl think CTB is more an action game especially after they watching the top plays. Can't change them so better just let it be.
Nikolai

Houraisan-Kaguya wrote:

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Yep, a lot of ppl think CTB is more an action game especially after they watching the top plays. Can't change them so better just let it be.
wassup og
GlitchNoodles
It's often seen as a "Mini game" to many outside of the community, and due to the lack of familiarity that mania and takio have that'd draw people to play those and the lack of exposure as standard has (for obvious reasons) Catch is in a weird area, where people prob never played something like it or think of osu as STD mostly