forum

Struggling to keep my passion in games (rant)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jellinad
For the past 5-ish years I've been really struggling to keep my passion in gaming. I never played too many games, maybe like 10-15ish, but I'm just so bored of this whole thing. The triple A genre has been copypaste for a while and is completely uninteresting to me and I can honestly say the same for indie games. I don't want to put in hundreds of hours of practice anymore just to be able to play (competitive games) and/or hundreds of dollars in the modern microtransaction era. The only games that ever really interested me were Minecraft (not even that interested in it anymore), Fnaf (up to SL), Geometry Dash and osu!. It is so rare to see a game come up with something new these days. The latest thing I can remember that gave me that feeling was Among Us, but that was unfortunately quickly ruined by cheaters that insta killed you every single match. I don't hate games, they just make me bored at this point. Very few people seem to be trying to do anything unique. Everything is just the same old clone of afformentioned games.
I AM VERY SMART
I am not an expert but it's probably because you've played only 10-15ish games. Wouldn't it make sense to explore more genres like RPG, Visual Novel, FPS, Party Games, MOBA and etc? I would have understood if you had tested all possible genres and concluded that games are boring
Karmine

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I am not an expert but it's probably because you've played only 10-15ish games. Wouldn't it make sense to explore more genres like RPG, Visual Novel, FPS, Party Games, MOBA and etc? I would have understood if you had tested all possible genres and concluded that games are boring
Yeah, you probably haven't found the right game

I've had the same issue for about a year now, every game I played felt boring and I just kept playing less and less
Then I randomly found Chained Echoes when I wasn't even really looking for a game to play and I just love it, it's exactly what I needed

Sometimes you just gotta be lucky