forum

Are you sure? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
sesito71
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
Uh, why?

"Are you sure you want to start the map?"
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o
I'm guessing this would be to prevent accidently exiting/retrying a map after pausing.
anonymous_old
Oh, in the in-game menu.

Sure!

(I thought he meant the results screen.)
peppy
I still don't agree.
LuigiHann
"Are you sure you want to quit this play? Your progress will be lost"

Might be useful, since people sometimes hit those buttons accidentally when using chat while paused. Might also annoy people who complain that they can't retry fast enough already, though
Kitsunemimi
Me neither.

Some of us who mess up once on a tiny little thing will just restart. This could waste precious seconds... and they matter a lot when a map is frustrating.
anonymous_old
Toggle? ;D
Echo
I don't like it. Don't pause in the middle of a map. If you do, that's a risk you're taking yourself.
MegaManEXE
I really don't see the point of this.

I pause a lot during songs because I need to readjust my mouse, sometimes I come back to the song and I fuck up because I paused at a bad time, other times I can do ok because I paused during an empty spot or on a slider or something. Big deal, that's my fault and I took a chance by pausing, like Echo said.

Only twice have I clicked quit accidentally (one of which was near the end of a 98% Justice to Believe run ;_;) but once you do it a few times you tell yourself not to make that mistake again.

And yes, I do tend to retry a lot too so adding an extra button to click would really get annoying.
bbobjs
I will admit that it is sometimes annoying when I hit my 5th mouse button while in the middle of a string of notes and it pauses and instantly restarts but personally I'd find it more annoying to be prompted every time I actually wanted to restart. I think a better idea would be to move the boxes to a more out of the way location (like the corners of the screen) so you wouldn't accidentally click them but an even better idea would be to disable your 5th mouse button so that shit doesn't happen... and if your pausing isn't accidental then you're a cheater anyway.
Derekku

bbobjs wrote:

I think a better idea would be to move the boxes to a more out of the way location (like the corners of the screen)
And make it even harder to hit Retry? I'd rather not see more whining that it's harder to retry :P

This system is fine as is, imo.
Ekaru