forum

Reducing massive tags into absolute minimum rankable amount

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
I have a map with humongous 1104-character tags. Sadly, osu! refuses to update my map because the tags are beyond 1000 characters limit. How do I reduce it into absolute minimum, complying with Ranking Criteria and covering ALL what my map needed?

Here's the tags, for the curious.
tag
video game japanese [EOD]xEolyne DarkeBluu Fawcro32 mystV GS-BREAK Happy Around! 愛本りんく Aimoto Rinku 西尾夕香 Nishio Yuka 明石真秀 Akashi Maho 各務華梨 Kagami Karin 大鳴門むに Ohnaruto Muni 三村遙佳 Mimura Haruka 渡月麗 Togetsu Rei 志崎樺音 Shizaki Kanon Peaky P-key 山手響子 Yamate Kyoko 愛美 Aimi 犬寄しのぶ Inuyose Shinobu 高木美佑 Takagi Miyu 笹子・ジェニファー・由香 Sasago Jennifer Yuka 小泉萌香 Koizumi Moeka 清水絵空 Shimizu Esora 倉知玲鳳 Kurachi Reo Photon Maiden 出雲咲姫 Izumo Saki 紡木吏佐 Tsumugi Risa 新島衣舞紀 Nijima Ibuki 前島亜美 Maeshima Ami 花巻乙和 Hanamaki Towa 岩田陽葵 Iwata Haruki 福島ノア Fukushima Noa 佐藤日向 Satou Hinata Merm4id 瀬戸リカ Seto Rika 平嶋夏海 Hirajima Natsumi 水島茉莉花 Mizushima Marika 岡田夢以 Okada Mei 日高さおり Hidaka Saori 葉月ひまり Hazuki Himari 松山ダリア Matsuyama Dalia 根岸愛 Negishi Ai RONDO 燐舞曲 青柳椿 Aoyagi Tsubaki 加藤里保菜 Kato Rihona 月見山渚 Tsukimiyama Nagisa 大塚紗英 Otsuka Sae 矢野緋彩 Yano Hiiro もものはるな Momono Haruna 三宅葵依 Miyake Aoi つんこ Tsunko Lyrical Lily 桜田美夢 Sakurada Miyu 反田葉月 Tanda Hazuki 春日春奈 Kasuga Haruna 進藤あまね Shindou Amane 白鳥胡桃 Shiratori Kurumi 深川瑠華 Fukagawa Ruka 竹下みいこ Takeshita Miiko 渡瀬結月 Watase Yuzuki Dig Delight Direct Drive DJ Bushiroad Donuts Ando Sasa Shunryu ZAQ XELIK

And here is the map in question: beatmapsets/1959187
Jason X
Not sure if this is a solution in regard to the ranking criteria, but I'll throw in my thought anyway, maybe it helps.

Shortening
Considering how tags work, I would suggest deleting double words, while they do make sense for the names, they don't have any effect on the tags (searching), so having them once is enough.

Words that exist twice are Haruna, Yuka, Miyu, and Hazuki.
Since I'm not proficient in Japanese I haven't checked those.

DJ can also be dropped, since it is in both Artist and Source it's not needed.

For Bushiroad and Donuts, I'm not sure if they're needed at all, the publisher/developer of the game is (to me at least) not needed in the tags, but rather the artist, songwriter, and vocals.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Metadata that exceeds the field's limits (81 characters) must be shortened. Start by dropping additional markers and if this still is not sufficient. . .
This of course doesn't really apply to tags, but since the Title uses an exclamation mark I'd suggest removing the one from the tags. (Happy Around!)