forum

Looking for tips!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ryank802
beatmapsets/1957431#osu/4055175 here's a short little map i put together its my first time attempting to make any sort of map so any tips would be appreciated.

Please DONT go easy on me be as harsh as needed information on what i did horribly wrong and what i did right if i did anything right will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Ladoma
Welcome to the mapping world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL3az8FhlB4&list=PLp7-THR1EUHERrIOV4dGClCGGoLIrQtOx

you can watch him! he has a good explanation about mapping.

I hope this can help you well!

about video order. maybe from "the editor" and the basic rhythm >> basic spacing >> flow + circles >> flow + sliders

about the timing, I'll say, timing is important, but if that's too complicated, you can steal the bpm from the other mappers who map the same song as you made! just take them and start your mapping practice!

and don't push you on "full spread" or try to rank a map. just practice and practice more before you push yourself into that phase. if you have confidence about your maps, you can try asking some mods to give feedback about your map, you can find it on the subforum or in-game chat (or you can watch youtube about how modding works!)

just take your time and polish your mapping skills, and hopefully, you can rank your own map!

also don't forget to enjoy mapping XD
Jason X
Just wanna point out, this forum is not for feedback on maps, for that refer to the modding queues, also read how to use modding queues.
Topic Starter
ryank802

Ladoma wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL3az8FhlB4&list=PLp7-THR1EUHERrIOV4dGClCGGoLIrQtOx

about video order. maybe from "the editor" and the basic rhythm >> basic spacing >> flow + circles >> flow + sliders

about the timing, I'll say, timing is important, but if that's too complicated, you can steal the bpm from the other mappers who map the same song as you made! just take them and start your mapping practice!

and don't push you on "full spread" or try to rank a map. just practice and practice more before you push yourself into that phase. if you have confidence about your maps, you can try asking some mods to give feedback about your map, you can find it on the subforum or in-game chat (or you can watch youtube about how modding works!)

just take your time and polish your mapping skills, and hopefully, you can rank your own map!

also don't forget to enjoy mapping XD[/quote

[quote="Ladoma"]Welcome to the mapping world!

also don't forget to enjoy mapping XD[/quo

ima check out the playlist you linked now thanks for the recommendation and letting me know what order to watch it in.

i will definitely work on my mapping skills more before i try getting my maps ranked.

also i appreciate the help thanks again
Ladoma

ryank802 wrote:

Ladoma wrote:

ima check out the playlist you linked now thanks for the recommendation and letting me know what order to watch it in.

i will definitely work on my mapping skills more before i try getting my maps ranked.

Ur welcome bro.

Mapping a song you like can help your mapping skills too

Dont forget to always "play your map" to gets what it feels like.

Put on NF mod if you cant pass it.

But... if you want use ur great brain for imagine the rhythm, its an okay too!

Dont afraid to steal some mapping style from other mappers, creativity will always come in unexpected time/place :)

But the best style for you rn is simple style/anime style!

When you mastered it, you can learn the other style!

Make it simple!
Topic Starter
ryank802

Ladoma wrote:

ryank802 wrote:

Ladoma wrote:

Ur welcome bro.

Mapping a song you like can help your mapping skills too

Dont forget to always "play your map" to gets what it feels like.

Put on NF mod if you cant pass it.

But... if you want use ur great brain for imagine the rhythm, its an okay too!

Dont afraid to steal some mapping style from other mappers, creativity will always come in unexpected time/place :)

But the best style for you rn is simple style/anime style!

When you mastered it, you can learn the other style!

Make it simple!
Yea i checked out the playlist you linked and I'm trying to use what I've learned from it in the map I'm currently working on.

I didn't know if taking inspiration from other peoples styles was considered bad or not but if its seen as an ok thing to do ill definitely try taking some inspiration from other maps to help me get used to the styles of mapping.

Thanks again for the help.

Also my bad for posting this here i just got the impression that "Anything-goes discussion about beatmapping, the editor etc." meant it was ok to post this here ill use modding ques for stuff like this in the future thanks for letting me know.
Ladoma
Taking inspirations from other exeperienced mapper is not bad!

Its a good thing to build your own styles.

That's what a human do from the begining fo civilization.

Dont torture yourself, to make something new! Just accept that you is normal human being who cant doing anything.

You'll make something new, but your mission is patience.

Also, if you need a feedback just dont throw your map link in here.

instead, just put your link map on modding post to req a NM mod, you'll find the better feedback for your map! :)

(Dont forget to read the forum rules first if you dont want be scolded by Moderator)

Maybe next time when you post mapping disqussion just dont throw link your map

Instead, wrote like this

"Help! i just finished my first own map and i feel that so garbage, can anybody here give me a tutorial how to mapping?"

Or

"Help! making slider art is pain in the ass, is there any way to make it easier?"

And maybe you'll find a guy who willingly to help you just like me.
Topic Starter
ryank802

Ladoma wrote:

Taking inspirations from other exeperienced mapper is not bad!

Its a good thing to build your own styles.

That's what a human do from the begining fo civilization.

Dont torture yourself, to make something new! Just accept that you is normal human being who cant doing anything.

You'll make something new, but your mission is patience.

Also, if you need a feedback just dont throw your map link in here.

instead, just put your link map on modding post to req a NM mod, you'll find the better feedback for your map! :)

(Dont forget to read the forum rules first if you dont want be scolded by Moderator)

Maybe next time when you post mapping disqussion just dont throw link your map

Instead, wrote like this

"Help! i just finished my first own map and i feel that so garbage, can anybody here give me a tutorial how to mapping?"

Or

"Help! making slider art is pain in the ass, is there any way to make it easier?"

And maybe you'll find a guy who willingly to help you just like me.
Yea I've moved to modding ques and have learned my lesson i appreciate your help