forum

[resolved] Not Earning PP on Some Ranked Maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OofMaster197
Problem details: I have recently been having an issue where I am sometimes not earning pp on ranked maps despite getting a new best score. Additionally, these completions do not appear on my profile on this website as recent completions like they should. When this happens, the online scoreboard doesn't appear on the page after I beat the map when I scroll down (See attached images, first is the problem and second is what it should look like). However, I can see these scores on my local score list when I return to the menu. I did recently get a new computer and thus moved my old scores.db file and Data/r folder over, and the maps that are not earning me pp are only the maps I transferred over (not all of the maps I transferred have this issue though). I'm guessing this is relevant but I'm not sure what I did wrong. I am positive that my profile is connected to osu! and that the maps are still ranked, yet I cannot find a way to fix this. It's like some of my old maps aren't connected to osu online anymore, but that doesn't make sense to me. What's going on here?

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://imgur.com/wRCilRQ https://imgur.com/SCNGdnz

osu! version: Stable 20230206 (latest)
Death
I fixed your image links. No need to embed them, just having the links there is fine.

I'm guessing that your maps have the wrong online status and that is causing scores set on them to not submit (the game thinks they are unsubmitted). You can check if this is the case by looking for the status icon at the top left of the song select menu. You should see one of the icons mentioned here.

If your beatmap statuses are indeed broken, try closing the game and removing the "osu!.db" file from your install folder. You should see all of your beatmaps start to reprocess the next time you start osu! and you can verify that the fixed worked by once again looking for those status icons.

You can also fix this individually per-map by making sure you have the Global leaderboards selected or by deleting and redownloading the map.
Topic Starter
OofMaster197

Death wrote:

If your beatmap statuses are indeed broken, try closing the game and removing the "osu!.db" file from your install folder. You should see all of your beatmaps start to reprocess the next time you start osu! and you can verify that the fixed worked by once again looking for those status icons.

You can also fix this individually per-map by making sure you have the Global leaderboards selected or by deleting and redownloading the map.
Thank you for the reply! That worked for some maps, though I still have about 500 that have no status icon. Individually selecting the global leaderboards fixed those, but I'd rather not go through and fix each of those 500 maps individually. Is there something else I can do for those maps or should I just take the L and go one by one?
Death
Leave the game open on the beatmap selection screen with the global leaderboards selected for a while. I believe they may also update in the background.
Topic Starter
OofMaster197
Thank you, it's all fixed now!