forum

[Archived] bug report; audio cutting out

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Iattractegirls
Problem details: bug report (legit)
So to start, the bug is pretty consistent, I havent had a time when I did this and it didn't happen yet, over the last 2 weeks since I've come back.
[problem]
Whenever I connect to osu, my speakers (which are bluetooth) usually turn on, and connect on startup. So if I start osu up, (before) I turn my headphones on, and turn them on, they automatically connect as they are my default, so osu naturally swaps the audio input as well. But this is where the problem starts;
After doing the previous, I don't notice any audio cut out or any issues in the main menu, or map select. But once a map is started, my headphones begin to cut out every 10-15 seconds, as if I swapped the audio to the 'hands free' lower audio quality for a couple seconds, then pops back to normal.
Only way I've discovered to fix it, is to simply shut osu off, and turn my bluetooth speaker off. After that I start osu up, on my default input and have no issues.
I had thought at first this was a case of my bluetooth signals interfering, but it's only happening under those circumstances, and within osu.

TLDR; If you start osu with one bluetooth audio on, then turn on your main bluetooth audio device, while osu is on, and osu automatically detects it and swaps input, the audio cuts out every couple of seconds when you play maps. Only fix is to shut osu off, turn off the secondary device and restart osu.
Video or screenshot showing the problem: No vid or screenshot sorry just good explanation

osu! version: Stable 20230206 (latest)
Blushing
bluetooth connections are notorious for causing issues. If you have to use bluetooth devices you may want to make sure it is the right one in the settings on osu!, or potentially change them before you start to make sure it is set to the right one.

it might also be in your interest in getting a cheap wired headphone set just for osu! is the issue persists.