forum

[resolved] How to delete my account

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_32649256
Problem details:

For some private reasons, i need to delete all my traces from the internet so i can start anew. So how to delete my account.
Aireunaeus
You can delete your account by contacting privacy@ppy.sh. Keep in mind that if you have deleted your osu account, you can't revert your progress, nor can you create a new account on osu. because it is against the rules.

you can learn more on there: wiki/en/Help_centre/Account#account-deletion
Blushing
You don’t have to delete your account either. You can simply “lock” your account by changing the password to something you will never remember or you can email support and tell them to lock your account.

This way you can return back to the game when and if you feel like it instead of breaking the rules.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_32649256

Blushing wrote:

You don’t have to delete your account either. You can simply “lock” your account by changing the password to something you will never remember or you can email support and tell them to lock your account.

This way you can return back to the game when and if you feel like it instead of breaking the rules.

Aireunaeus wrote:

You can delete your account by contacting privacy@ppy.sh. Keep in mind that if you have deleted your osu account, you can't revert your progress, nor can you create a new account on osu. because it is against the rules.

<3
tth_phantom
We need a normal delete. Having to reach out to an email or lock an account is stupid.
Blushing

tth_phantom wrote:

We need a normal delete. Having to reach out to an email or lock an account is stupid.
What is a normal delete? Deleting the account means you can never come back to osu! without breaking the rules. something that severe should 100% be locked behind administrator privileges and safeguards.

There are ways to remove your online presence without it being a full delete, say if you have your name or private information in your username you can 100% ask for a name change and they'll grant it.

Anything on the forum you can go in and either edit posts to not include the information anymore, or you can ask a GMT to do so for the posts you cannot edit.

You can also just simply lock your account after the two above have been done and it is effectively a delete until you would like to come back (if ever).

There are children on this game that think they may want to delete their account, but do not know the ramifications of doing so, deleting the account should always, 100%, be locked from where it can not mistakenly happen.
remas120
I want to delete my account. It reminds me of my painful past
- Marco -

Aireunaeus wrote: