forum

Lost PP by doing better

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DudMan
Hey there Osu! Community!

I've got a problem: I've been trying to increase my PP through doing better on songs I already have high scores on.
One such song is Jeff Williams - This Will Be the Day (Normal). The problem here is that I increased my score by
about 100k points, and increased my accuracy by ~2%, resulting in ~400 ranks gained for the song.
Yet my PP went down by 300. I also had HardRock on for this song.

I understand that PP is based on multiple factors, but how does doing better mean I lose ranks??
Thanks in advance!
Full Tablet
You probably lost pp by getting other records beat, not by having improved your record in that Normal map.

Basically. Something like this could have happened.
Day 1: You got a record in Jeff Williams - This Will Be the Day (Normal), gaining little or no pp at all.
Day 2: You got a #50 (or something like that) score in a recently ranked map A, gaining a lot of pp.
Day 3 to Day 10: You haven't done anything in that period of time that has given you pp. Your rank in ranked map A decreased a lot in that period of time, but your pp is the same since it's value is not calculated until you get some pp.
Day 11: You improved your record in Jeff Williams - This Will Be the Day (Normal), gaining just a little bit of pp. Since you got pp, it's value is recalculated, and since your rank in map A became worse in that period of time, your pp ended up decreasing.
silmarilen
cool
FabulousCupcake
Similar thing could happen if :
You finished a beatmap with no mods, obtained SS, and ranked ~#500, then you play the beatmap again with mods, getting only A, but a higher score.
Perfect marks has pp bonus, so, getting a higher score, but less accuracy may reduce the obtained pp.
Topic Starter
DudMan
Awesome, thanks for the info!

I'll just have to watch my ranks and improve on multiple beatmaps, instead of just one and expecting an increase.

Thanks guys!