forum

Top 50

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aeren
(Mar 27, 2013)

[peppy] Change unified ranking into separated ranking choices. Ability to view more than top 50 will be restored soon.

Apologize if this has been answered or resolved, but I was wondering if it was still intended to bring back 8 pages of ranks as was in the past (the top 400 of each respective difficulty, as opposed to the top 50 currently).
iSpR1Te
It looks like there won't be until ppv2 is out. Even then, it might not be more than top 50.

Also, wrong section.

peppy wrote:

I'm not sure where the idea that i "hate tom" or "don't approve" of the ranking system come from. I have never publicly stated that I don't approve of such systems, or have anything against Tom (or any other player). I did made an API specifically for allowing the system to be updated more efficiently. Please avoid putting words in others' mouthes... it's a touch disheartening.

You could probably ask Tom for his perspective on this to get a better idea, rather than taking word-of-mouth as truth.

As for answering the question in this thread: Top scores are stored in such a way that the top 50 are "hot", and can be accessed with minimal load, while further score require extra lookups. With ppv2 I am changing how this works, and as a result may expand retrieval in the future, but don't count on it (I cannot provide any timeline for this happening). While I do my best to support other people's projects, I do like to focus on osu! at the core first.

peppy wrote:

Let's just say that indexing much more than 50gb of scores results in a lot of big data to handle. It's completely optimised for the osu! environment.
Link
Topic Starter
Aeren

iSpR1Te wrote:

It looks like there won't be until ppv2 is out. Even then, it might not be more than top 50.

Also, wrong section.

peppy wrote:

I'm not sure where the idea that i "hate tom" or "don't approve" of the ranking system come from. I have never publicly stated that I don't approve of such systems, or have anything against Tom (or any other player). I did made an API specifically for allowing the system to be updated more efficiently. Please avoid putting words in others' mouthes... it's a touch disheartening.

You could probably ask Tom for his perspective on this to get a better idea, rather than taking word-of-mouth as truth.

As for answering the question in this thread: Top scores are stored in such a way that the top 50 are "hot", and can be accessed with minimal load, while further score require extra lookups. With ppv2 I am changing how this works, and as a result may expand retrieval in the future, but don't count on it (I cannot provide any timeline for this happening). While I do my best to support other people's projects, I do like to focus on osu! at the core first.

peppy wrote:

Let's just say that indexing much more than 50gb of scores results in a lot of big data to handle. It's completely optimised for the osu! environment.
Link
Thanks, and appreciate the link. I thought of posting it in that section but (erroneously I guess) decided to post it here.
XPJ38
You could try posting here (it has been marked as invalid but hey, you never know, could be unmarked at some point). In the meantime, I am locking this thread.