forum

What's the deal with the Mapset Verifier? And how much of it should I follow?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gsun
Hi, so I've been really infuriated with the Mapset Verifier. For a map I made, it told me that one of my circles was "-11 ms" off or something like that and when I followed what it said, I moved the circle in question past another circle and consequently changed the color combos of both circles. It was so ridiculous thinking about this advice conflicting with what one mod told me, I almost quit mapping for good until one of my friends convinced me otherwise. YEAH! Seriously!

Any help you guys can give me for this dilemma? My map had all the objects in place the way I wanted them to and I fixed some mistakes on the verifier. I was THAT close to getting somewhere with this map (Yes I want it ranked and please don't give me advice like "Don't get it ranked!" because that doesn't actually solve my problem, frankly) and now this just had to happen. Seriously, even music school makes more sense than this BS! Just saying, sorry.
DeletedUser_13957006
if having to move one object in the timeline and adjust some combo colors almost made you quit mapping, i'm sorry but this is probably not for you

anyway, whenever it says "unsnapped by x milliseconds" or something, all you have to do is wiggle it a bit on the timeline and it gets fixed. this particular issue is unrankable btw so you have to fix it. also, when it comes to mapset verifier/aimod, it's important to distinguish what is actually a valid problem or something to ignore
Topic Starter
Gsun
Thank you. Yeah, I just had no clue, but that sounds great! Seriously, can't believe that worked!
l1mi
From what you describe the mapset verifyer actually sounds good, I have to try it.

Fixing the color combo take a second, I dont understand the problem here. Except that it might be a bad idea to have 11ms or less between two notes that sound like a problem
Topic Starter
Gsun
Yeah, Osu! has the mapset verifier on the website. They say that the aimod is "outdated and unmaintained", which I highly agree with because it's not very detailed about my mistakes either like the MV is. My problem was just that moving a circle past another one because I have to fix the -11 ms problem was nonsensical. You would think that you'd only have to stay behind the circle while getting the problem fixed, which is a lot more doable and reasonable than the former one. Yeah, I see why the other person posting here also didn't understand my problem haha.
Zelzatter Zero
ok just checked oh only mod someone gave you in the map, the reason why you have to move everything is because the BPM is changed. In that case you'd have way more problem than just snapping objects into place. Sliderends will be unsnapped, green line will be unsnapped, etc. You can either go through the hurdle of adjusting everything or just, remap. Yeah seriously.
Topic Starter
Gsun
I know. Thanks for the heads up!