forum

Pendual meets Bistrover (IIDX skin) for STD, Mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
stsung
Hello,
I was asked few times on stream in the past to play Osu! and I couldn't find a skin that would suit me (leading to rather embarrassing moments) so I decided to make one for me so I could read and play to some extent. If by a chance there would be another player like me coming from IIDX rather than other 7k games, they might find this skin easier to read. For some reason everything I do lately turns out to be pink and Pendual is my favorite style in IIDX. So it's pink.

The skin was made for 16:9 HD but has a SD assets (some things are only SD as IIDX was not really HD at the time). It is a standard and mania skin (4k, 5k, 6k, 7k, 8k, 9k) and includes sounds.

The target line can be moved, still showing part of the 'lift' thing. So you can move it up to see less, or slightly down to see more. (I was trying to figure out if there was a way to create sudden in osu but couldn't, so lift is there to save the day)

As for the notes I use these flat color ones in IIDX but since I need to see when I hold the notes I kept the original IIDX note skin animation rather than the one that goes with the noteskin used. (you can just copy in your noteskin)

The skin was made by using Pendual, Bistrover and Rootage graphics even though there is a lot that is recreated or edited and created (out of the said games graphics) to fit osu. Nonetheless, original work is by KONAMI including the chibi Ameto. I painted the Ameto on the result screen.

I spend a lot of time doing this skin, so I thought I would share it. It was done for me personally, meaning the position of different mania modes are different so it wouldn't confuse me, the target line and columns etc. have values I can read etc. so it may require you do do some magic in the ini file to make it good for you, if you chose to use this skin.

Gameplay STD and 7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0gEwzGwa1M

Screenshots

Download

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O2Ua2-T9xqN37i_1nQWk7OyfpjcWOBDL/view?usp=share_link