forum

[Archived] Random freeze

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flayhender
Since 3 days ago my game litteraly became unplayable i just get 0.5s freeze every 5-6s i would say. There was no special update on pc or anything else it just appear like it and since then i didnt play because i just cant
Any help please ?
Death
Please try closing anything you have running in the background while playing and also check out wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting
Topic Starter
Flayhender
Yup i had nothing running and i already check that out but nothing seems to fix my issue
Death
Are you freezing at a consistent interval or is it random?

Enable the frame time graph in game using Ctrl+F11 and try to get a screenshot or video of the graph after you get a lag spike.
Topic Starter
Flayhender
I have nothing to get a video but yeah its pretty random i would say
Death
You can take a screenshot natively in the game with Shift+F12.
Topic Starter
Flayhender
Well i cant really take a good screen of the lag since it last only for about 0.5 s so the time i get the screen we already don't see it on the graph anymore but yeah it occurs about every 5-6 seconds

And it seems its not lony fps but also my ping wich freeze (going from 2.2ms to 20 or so)
maybe its even only my ping i dont know
Death
What color are the spikes on the graph then?

Do you have a slideshow desktop background by any chance?
Topic Starter
Flayhender
They are red and i have animated wallpaper but i close the app whenever i play osu (lively wallpaper)
hinky
only happens in osu?
Topic Starter
Flayhender
Yes
Manishh
Make sure you are running the game at Fullscreen.

Try closing any application which shows overlays on the game (Discord, Steam, etc.)

Enable game mode, it will force pc to use the resource on osu!

Update your pc drivers.

Send a screenshot of task Manager while the game is running(For screenshot:- Window key + shift + S)
Topic Starter
Flayhender
Yup all of it is done and theres no particular problem shown on the task manager and the freeze pops only during gameplay not when the game is running
Manishh
What client are you using? Osu lazer or Osu Stable

You should try reinstalling osu
Topic Starter
Flayhender
I use stable and i already reinstalled it once
Manishh
Have you tried using default skin
abraker

Flayhender wrote:

I have nothing to get a video but yeah its pretty random i would say
get ShareX so you can post a gif, or get OBS so you can upload a video to youtube to share here. We need something more to work with.