forum

[Archived] Website only works properly when in incognito browser

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Duck o-o
Problem details: The website doesnt function correctly in my browser anymore. When clicking on beatmaps or any profile the screen is blank other than the bar at the top. As well as this the dropdown menus do not come down when hovering over them. This randomly happened and wasnt even happening at the start of today. It only works in incognito.
pls help i dont wanna have to go through incognito when i wanna use forums ;-;

edit : o yea forgot to mention but when i was logged in the notification and chat icons had loading dots next to them (i logged out in an attempt to fix it) (it didnt work)

I have tried: Switching browser
Clearing cache
Doing flush dns thing
Clearing cookies
Disabling extensions
Restarting pc

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1052328338812842037/1075907272108154992/2023-02-16_22-30-20.mp4

osu! version: Beta 20230203
Ryu Sei
Have you tried turning on DNS over HTTPS/secure DNS on your browser?
Topic Starter
Duck o-o
I already have it enabled, also quick update:
i installed firefox and it seems to work here, but still not in chrome, opera or internet explorer

pretty sure ill just make firefox my default browser to fix this ig, was thinking of doing it anyway

will leave this up tho because im really curious as to whats actually wrong and maybe someone more versed in internet browsers can say
Death
Are you positive that the tampermonkey extension you were using in your recording was actually disabled?

If you're able to reproduce consistently, can you right click on the page, select "Inspect", then open the "Console" tab to see if any errors are being logged?
Blushing
Topic Starter
Duck o-o

Death wrote:

Are you positive that the tampermonkey extension you were using in your recording was actually disabled?

If you're able to reproduce consistently, can you right click on the page, select "Inspect", then open the "Console" tab to see if any errors are being logged?
yea im positive, especially as i also had it enabled in incognito mode, which still worked

ok i uninstalled and reinstalled opera and it now works again without incognito, same extensions and exact same settings and stuff

if its any help another thing i noticed was that when i checked youtube yesterday the profile icon thing in the top right was grey