forum

[duplicate] Average Spin in General information

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
schimdth
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi
interesting... i like it ^^
Ekaru
Would be inaccurate.

Many players spin slower for spinners in between notes then spinners with no notes afterwards. About a 100 SPM difference between those for me, actually.

So, I'm neutral.
Derekku
Sometimes I get lazy on spinners (when I've already played the song before) so that would make my average waaay lower. I'm sure a lot of people do the same thing. :/
Topic Starter
schimdth

Derekku Chan wrote:

Sometimes I get lazy on spinners (when I've already played the song before) so that would make my average waaay lower. I'm sure a lot of people do the same thing. :/
if your playing offline or unrank mode you will surely do that but when you want to have decent score and want higher rank
spinning is important
Derekku

schimdth wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

if your playing offline or unrank mode you will surely do that but when you want to have decent score and want higher rank
spinning is important
Which is why I said "when I've already played the song before". Of course I spin better when going for a good score. :P

Regardless, I don't think this would be very accurate (like what Ekaru said).
Topic Starter
schimdth
in what ways it will be inaccurate? its just like your getting your hit accuracy the only downfall
I see here is that those who use pen tablet will surely have a high average spin compare to those
who use conventional mouse controller
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Hanyuu
he means the rotation speed that you had for the song with your highest ranked score.
so if you dont improve the score the spin would not count (comparision to accuracy, said before)
Derekku
Okay, I see what's meant now, sorry. :?

Hmmm... I'm still on the border for this one, though.
qlum
could be a fun statistic the only problem is that the RPM isn't recorded as far as I know
Gabi
Derekku

Gabi wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

schimdth wrote:

in what ways it will be inaccurate? its just like your getting your hit accuracy
It's completely different from accuracy.
imo it's not. people try their hardest to get good accuracy, i would belive that people would also try their hardest to get a good rpm.
I meant it in the way that accuracy actually counts, but spinning speed really doesn't (besides giving you some extra points). :D
Ekaru

Gabi wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

schimdth wrote:

in what ways it will be inaccurate? its just like your getting your hit accuracy
It's completely different from accuracy.
imo it's not. people try their hardest to get good accuracy, i would belive that people would also try their hardest to get a good rpm.
No, they won't.

Most people don't really care about a few thousand measly points, they care more about passing the spinner and continuing the combo.

Hence, I often don't spin the fastest I can. I can spin up to 400 RPM. I usually spin at around 280 - 330 RPM to save my wrist. I only spin at about 400 RPM when it's the spinner ends the song and I actually care.

It's different because people always do their best on accuracy, but often half-heart spinners because most are short enough that you'd only gain a few thousand points from going all out, and it takes a lot of physical effort to spin your hardest (with a mouse, I mean), and they want to hit the note that is often right afterwards.

Thus, it would be inaccurate and not show someone's true spinning speed. People care more about getting all the 300s they can and their arm than getting a measly bonus.
anonymous_old
Ekaru

strager wrote:

Blah blah blah.

I'm all for this idea.
Well, I had to make it nice, in depth and clear. I'll put it in a much shorter fashion:

It would be inaccurate, useless, and meaningless! People don't always spin as fast as they can. Both because their arm gets tired, they're trying to hit the next note, etc. Also depends on spinner length.

It would tell jack about someone's spinning ability because they often spin slower on purpose so they don't miss any hit objects that could come after a spinner.
anonymous_old
Sleep Powder
Average Spin...no
Overall Spin Score? :)
Daru

schimdth wrote:

I see here is that those who use pen tablet will surely have a high average spin compare to those
who use conventional mouse controller
^ Lies.

Also, I think this could work, if coupled with a "Fastest spin" attribute.
+1
anonymous_old
show more