forum

Bad habits in osu!maniq ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wootingly
What are some bad habits that might develope and how to prevent them
Stomiks
Not taking breaks. Literally just set some time for yourself in between sessions
Topic Starter
wootingly

Stomiks wrote:

Not taking breaks. Literally just set some time for yourself in between sessions
What are some indocators that ypu need a break
Stomiks

jerotiikka wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Really just basic stuff. Hands getting tired, your mind is performing considerably worse than it did at the start of your session, feeling pain in your hands, etc.
Pckables

jerotiikka wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

For me I find that my "time to take a break" point is when I start having trouble fully focusing while playing. Where it feels like you played 90% of the map on autopilot and the number of MAX hits is lower than much older scores.

I find that it's after about 1.5 to 2 hours, to which I either take a break for a few hours or just stop for the day.
B0ii
Playing certain patterns as jump thrills ;-;
Entropy21
as an acc player, immediately retrying the map after a 200/Great(or miss) and not finishing it completely is a bad habit
_Reset
attempting to spam through higher star maps
still a habit im trying to break as a now acc player
Stickman92
Being impatient. If you are patient, you won't play like an idiot and get easily avoidable bad habits.

I used to spam through maps cause it felt good (instant-gratification), kinda like what Res_ett did. Constantly spamming just leads to more even bad-habits.

Also used to play too much because I was addicted to VSRG, kind of like what Stomiks said. Playing through excessive mental/physical fatigue doesn't help you git gud.

Both of em were easily avoidable if I was patient.
Stomiks

Stickman92 wrote:

Being impatient. If you are patient, you won't play like an idiot and get easily avoidable bad habits.

I used to spam through maps cause it felt good (instant-gratification), kinda like what Res_ett did. Constantly spamming just leads to more even bad-habits.

Also used to play too much because I was addicted to VSRG, kind of like what Stomiks said. Playing through excessive mental/physical fatigue doesn't help you git gud.

Both of em were easily avoidable if I was patient.
My god you're so right lemme mutual with you
AstalFanBoy

Entropy21 wrote:

as an acc player, immediately retrying the map after a 200/Great(or miss) and not finishing it completely is a bad habit
wait why is this a bad habit? i do this all the time...
UltraBlack

I LOVE REQUIS 5 wrote:

Entropy21 wrote:

You start to not finish every map and the game begins to get worse and worse
Stomiks

UltraBlack wrote:

I LOVE REQUIS 5 wrote:

Entropy21 wrote:

And also consistency issues ig
Stickman92

Stomiks wrote:

UltraBlack wrote:

I LOVE REQUIS 5 wrote:

Entropy21 wrote:

And also consistency issues ig
Seek improvement, not perfection. That means you'll make mistakes. Just accept the fact you missed a note and finish the song.
dight_
messing with settings too much. fine tuning is ok but u shouldn't go from a large arrow skin to subtract by zero from etterna or change your scroll speed from like 25 to 32 and then back to 29 then 23
B0ii

dight_ wrote:

messing with settings too much. fine tuning is ok but u shouldn't go from a large arrow skin to subtract by zero from etterna or change your scroll speed from like 25 to 32 and then back to 29 then 23
Just try to find something that's comfortable to play with, and use those settings for like a few months before making any more drastic changes.
cypherusuh
forgetting to drink, hydration is the key of concentration.
forgetting to take a break, once your arm felt sore, take a break 5-10 mins to not get carpal tunnel.
bad posture, also linked to post above. google "good computer posture" and try to do that.
cracking finger after clearing hard song, just....dont.
"Tryharding" by playing songs thats WAY too far ahead of your skill. if you cant reach 700k, you're not qualified to play that map yet.