forum

[Archived] osu! not opening

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
itz_kiwi
Last week, I reset my laptop to factory settings and tried downloading osu! but it could not open. Every time I click on it, it opens osu!updater and says that it's updating my client. Then, it will say it's done updating and the large osu! icon will appear on my screen. However, osu! still doesn't open. Is there any fix to this?
Blushing
Hm. Does it show in the task manager when it closes or does it seem crash? If it seems to crash then read below:

Please use the wiki link below to locate the crash log. Once you have located the crash log, please copy and paste its content into this thread here so we can take a look at it and see what is going wrong.
wiki/en/Help_Centre#event-viewer
Topic Starter
itz_kiwi
I tried going to the link you sent me and I followed the instructions to find if osu! crashed or not. However, the event viewer did not have any logs of osu! crashing. I'm not sure whether it's crashing or not but here's a video of the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MHcwvMi-ig
Domco
What is your antivirus? Also do you have osu! installed in default location?
Topic Starter
itz_kiwi

Domco wrote:

What is your antivirus? Also do you have osu! installed in default location?
My antivirus is just the default windows security antivirus. Also, I downloaded osu! under "Downloads" in "This PC".
Domco
Do you have all windows updates installed?
Topic Starter
itz_kiwi
Actually, I haven't. I'll try updating my laptop.

Ok, I've updated it but osu! still cannot open.
Domco
This started happening immediately after you reset to factory settings?
Topic Starter
itz_kiwi

Domco wrote:

This started happening immediately after you reset to factory settings?
Yes, before I reset, I could play osu! normally.