forum

standard/CtB -specific [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
machol30
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
You should retype your request to be a bit more clear. I get that there's a "taiko-specific" checkbox, so that triggers taiko mode even if you select the map from normal song select. Are you saying you'd want a similar checkbox that will force osu!standard mode when somebody tries to play it in Taiko? As much as some maps don't play well in taiko, I don't think that'd have any real practical benefit besides making people who only play taiko sadder
Derekku
Looks like the request is to do the same thing as the "Taiko-specific" option but for CtB.
Topic Starter
machol30

LuigiHann wrote:

You should retype your request to be a bit more clear. I get that there's a "taiko-specific" checkbox, so that triggers taiko mode even if you select the map from normal song select. Are you saying you'd want a similar checkbox that will force osu!standard mode when somebody tries to play it in Taiko? As much as some maps don't play well in taiko, I don't think that'd have any real practical benefit besides making people who only play taiko sadder
Yes, pretty much. And I mean this because maybe someone would want to have a mapset of (let's say) three difficulties. Each map corresponds to each playable osu! mode (standard, taiko, and catch the beat). I actually thought about doing this sometimes, too.
Kioku no Keifu was my example because I realized just how poorly [BURAI] played in Taiko, so I wanted to make another difficulty to be more fitting.
Or perhaps we could have a setting which doesn't allow a certain map to be played by a certain osu! mode. This, I think, could be a solution to the "impassable" issue in CtB.

So in the end, I think there should be the options for:
standard-specific
standard-
no(?)
Taiko-specific
Taiko-
no(?)
Catch the Beat-specific
Catch the Beat-
no(?)

Sorry for the unclear OP, anyway.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kitsunemimi
There are some maps that are better in CtB, but basically, anything mapped in standard is pretty much fine in CtB.

And I also disagree about the standard-only.
Xgor
Im all for a CTB specific :)