forum

[Archived] Updater error "a error occured, please verify the connection of your internet"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KirisameMari
Hello i don't know what's wrong but when trying to use osu (stable not laser) i keep getting a error on the updater called "a error occured, please verify the connection of your internet" my firewall is fine and my antivirus is too and of course i have internet connection to be posting here, i used a old installer of osu and the game did install and run but of course i need the most updated one to use internet stuff on the game which i can't because of said error.
Blushing
So just to be clear, you aren't able to get past the updater? If this is the case then please copy and paste the contents of the update.log. This is found in the osu!\Logs directory.

If this is not the case then you may need to just wait a bit or run the installer ontop of the original installation, do not uninstall.
Topic Starter
KirisameMari

Blushing wrote:

So just to be clear, you aren't able to get past the updater? If this is the case then please copy and paste the contents of the update.log. This is found in the osu!\Logs directory.

If this is not the case then you may need to just wait a bit or run the installer ontop of the original installation, do not uninstall.
I don't seem to have a log folder, only data, localisation, skins and songs, and yes i can't go through the updater the only reason i managed to run the game at all is because like i said i found a installer of the old version, but the game need to be updated to acess the last features, and when i run the updater be it from the game option or installer.exe i still get that same error.
Blushing
Never heard of a log folder not being created. Can you load in a picture of what your osu! folder looks like? In the meantime could you see if you are using a VPN or if running it while holding shift and changing it to cuttingedge does anything?
Topic Starter
KirisameMari
I already did tried shift i get some options to change video and such but nothing changes about the updater, and here my folder, i never used a vpn.
Topic Starter
KirisameMari

Blushing wrote:

Hey seems i was looking on the wrong folder and found the logs folder now, https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/410117058332721193/1074008951185752084/update_success.log https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/410117058332721193/1074008951538077766/update.log