forum

[resolved] DPI/ in game sens

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
armascool
Problem details: Should I stick to 400 DPI and 0.4 ingame sens? I'm on 400 DPI for a long time so I won't change that. Especially because I'm playing CSGO regularly, so I want to keep my low DPI with low CSGO sens of 1.5. In OSU I played the last few days with 400 DPI and 1 ingame sens. This went pretty good and it was relaxing. But today I used a sens converter from csgo to Osu. Now I have 0.4 ingame sens. I'm quite a bit better with this sens, because I'm hitting the circles way more accurate. But It's so exhausing having to move whole arm, should and wrist instead of just using my wrist. Should I just get used to it and stop being a pussy about it? Or should I go back because 0.4 sens with 400 DPI is too low of a sens for OSU?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230206 (latest)
HR2
Of my own personal opinion, a 400 DPI and 0.4 ingame sens is viable (if your Gurbzy), but for the average osu player such as yourself that doesn't have arms made of titanium, then it depends completely on your own preference. As a wrist player myself, with 1250 DPI 1x ingame, I find that my arm can still get exhausting playing long high star maps that require alot of aim. However, since your playing maps in the 2 star range and your arms are getting exhausted, I'm not sure how viable it will be as you progress though to harder maps (assuming you choose to continue to play the game) so it really depends on your personal preference (You'll probably end up hearing that alot with any gameplay related questions). Your main goal in osu should be to enjoy the game, so if you think a low sens is better for you, then you should continue to use it. Not speaking from experience, but perhaps overtime you arm will become conditioned to being exhausted and you'll gain more stamina in your arm?

If I was you, I would probably try using a higher sens as it will make it a lot easier to aim as you progress to harder maps.

HOWEVER, If you are just playing osu for fun and you don't care about numbers (like pp or difficulty), then I'd probably just suggest for you to play with what you prefer but make sure not to over-exhaust your arm leading to possible injury.
Topic Starter
armascool

Xykedelic wrote:

Of my own personal opinion, a 400 DPI and 0.4 ingame sens is viable (if your Gurbzy), but for the average osu player such as yourself that doesn't have arms made of titanium, then it depends completely on your own preference. As a wrist player myself, with 1250 DPI 1x ingame, I find that my arm can still get exhausting playing long high star maps that require alot of aim. However, since your playing maps in the 2 star range and your arms are getting exhausted, I'm not sure how viable it will be as you progress though to harder maps (assuming you choose to continue to play the game) so it really depends on your personal preference (You'll probably end up hearing that alot with any gameplay related questions). Your main goal in osu should be to enjoy the game, so if you think a low sens is better for you, then you should continue to use it. Not speaking from experience, but perhaps overtime you arm will become conditioned to being exhausted and you'll gain more stamina in your arm?

If I was you, I would probably try using a higher sens as it will make it a lot easier to aim as you progress to harder maps.

HOWEVER, If you are just playing osu for fun and you don't care about numbers (like pp or difficulty), then I'd probably just suggest for you to play with what you prefer but make sure not to over-exhaust your arm leading to possible injury.
thanks. I'll try the 1.0 sens again. maybe i will get used to it.