forum

[resolved] Can children play osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sickplayer124
Does anyone know the age limit for this game?
- cirno -
no no age limit started when I was 12
Corne2Plum3
The game shouldn't be played by children above 13 as you can interact with other people online
Jason X
Most platforms ask their users to be at least 13 years old, although this can vary from country to country.
osu! does not have an age restriction, but the question remains if children should really be exposed to the internet.
B0ii
offline, yes
online, no
Corne2Plum3
Also, PEGI and ESRB rating when?
[[[[[[
i introduced osu! to my little brother (who's 8) and it's been ok currently, we almost always play in multiplayer and i picked maps for him to download, nothing bad happened yet.

also he don't know much english so he can't interact with the community (thankfully).

so the answer is: there's none if there's parental control.
Indomi-chan
It exists here: legal/en/Privacy#children. Children over 13 can play osu, but you can't be a GMT or NAT if you're below 18.
Slux
I'd say yes, but if you're under 12 or 13, offline, or it would be fine if you just played without worrying about multiplayer or chat
Aireunaeus

THETM wrote:

It exists here: legal/en/Privacy#children. Children over 13 can play osu, but you can't be a GMT or NAT if you're below 18.
ooh, I did not know this even existed. I thought osu didn't have any age limit
Stomiks

Aireunaeus wrote:

THETM wrote:

ooh, I did not know this even existed. I thought osu didn't have any age limit
Mostly every mainstream website on the internet automatically needs you to be at least 13 to make an account there.
I AM VERY SMART
osu! is pegi 18 because of the backgrounds so probably not
B0ii

dumbkurttt wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

dumbkurttt wrote:

sickplayer124 wrote:

Does anyone know the age limit for this game?
children play rosu! on roblox lmao
That's for toddlers. As they grow up, they transfer here and infect the game.
they will probably think it's a rosu! rip-off, call 911 because of it, and get their parents arrested because they didn't like osu! for being too hard for them
Same thing with fnf (or ff) and mania
Indomi-chan
osu is pegi 12 (18 if including unranked) in my opinion
- explicit lyrics (some songs are marked like that)
- boob backgrounds (filtered through content review)
I AM VERY SMART

THETM wrote:

osu is pegi 16 in my opinion
If we talk about ranked maps. Some unranked maps have NSFW backgrounds and lyrics harmful for children even for a 16 years old dood
Indomi-chan

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

THETM wrote:

osu is pegi 16 in my opinion
If we talk about ranked maps. Some unranked maps have NSFW backgrounds and lyrics harmful for children even for a 16 years old dood
edit: it's supposed to be pegi 12/16 for ranked (and loved) maps, but 18 is the most appropriate rating for unranked btw
Death