forum

Alternating question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Golterboose
Would playing high bpm muzukashii be a good way to force myself to learn how to alternate hands easier as I find those maps force me to do so as the bpm is too fast to singletap.

Is there any other good ways to practice alternating too (my skill level is difficult muzukashii/easy-normal onis for context)

KoleciAlexandru
In my opinion, playing lower bpm maps at first will help you more with alternating, as jumping into high bpm will make your brain freeze and you won't get down the basics properly. I suggest starting with easy muzukashii maps. Don't push yourself with the bpm yet, try to build the muscle memory for alternating first. Good luck!
Rigbyuis
hmm
so yeah 4*-5* muzus help you to master alternation not only in 1/4, but between them (for example, ddd kkk can be interpreted in two ways: RLR, RLR or the full alternation which is the one i use most of the time: RLR, LRL) but at your level i think that 3*-4* muzus are the best to improve. try to alternate in them too
tsarbomba
if u really want to get a hang of alternating, i`d say aim to fully alternate high bpm futsuu maps first, and as a long term goal try to alternate very low bpm stream maps as much as possible. from there u could continue working alternating into ur playstyle at a higher bpm however u want,,,,,,, without going down the full alt rabbithole.
Rigbyuis

tsarbomba wrote:

if u really want to get a hang of alternating, i`d say aim to fully alternate high bpm futsuu maps first, and as a long term goal try to alternate very low bpm stream maps as much as possible. from there u could continue working alternating into ur playstyle at a higher bpm however u want,,,,,,, without going down the full alt rabbithole.
see most of the japanese old players like saikoro, stu00608, shinchiku, asuasu, etc etc