forum

Changed username and can't update my old maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
benji
I've created quite a few maps on my old username "iPatch", and recently updated my username. I went into the editor and it tells me I don't own the maps anymore, is there a way to fix this? Thanks guys.
The Cosmic Chef

benji wrote:

I've created quite a few maps on my old username "iPatch", and recently updated my username. I went into the editor and it tells me I don't own the maps anymore, is there a way to fix this? Thanks guys.
You can open the editor, click on "File" in the top left corner, then click on "Open .osu in notepad", then exit the editor, then go to "Creator" and change the name listed (in your case "Ipatch") to something random (such as "abc"), then click "File" in the top left corner, then click "Save", then close the notepad, then go back into the editor, then "Song Setup", you will see that the Beatmap Creator name will have changed to whatever you typed in the notepad, change what's typed there to your name (benji), then click "Ok", then save the map. Hope this helps! FYI, don't use this to steal other people's maps!