forum

[Archived] Temprature

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anhbutday
Guys, is 96 degrees Celsius normal when playing osu? Since my CPU is always at that level when playing and it does NOT drop at all, only when I complete the level does it drop to normal. My CPU is only using about 15-25% but the temperature is the same (even more than PUBG and Valorant). I cleaned the fan, applied new thermal paste. This has been bugging me for days now, I can't fix it. Intel Core i5-9300H, GTX 1650 Max-Q Laptop
*I tried changing to unlimited mode and setting limit fps to 480 (=Optimal mode). Even so it outputs a temperature of 96 degrees Celsius, but Unlimited mode has lower latency than Optimal, so I tried it.
Sorry for my bad English :<<
Blushing
You might want to make sure that there is nothing running in the background or making sure that there isn’t unnecessary graphics running in the background. Does changing the skin or running it on compatibility mode change the temperature at all?

I don’t believe 96 C is nominal nor desirable.
Domco
96C on 15-25% load is way too much. Your CPU might be thermal throttling which can result in drop of performance. If you can then you should probably return it under warranty.