forum

[Archived] Delayed Tapping input / Permanent lag in osu / 240hz feels like 60hz & more...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Herazu
Problem details:

Hi, I got a kind of weird problem:

When playing osu my osu feels unlike lazer like 60hz although I'm playing on 240hz
Also, on every map there are spike lags and problems with input, whilst playing my tapping feels correct but in map, it counts as a miss and I have to readjust my tapping, this happens way too often to be ignored...

Screenshot one shows my "normal f11 graph" whilst playing
Screenshot two shows the f11 graph in the song select menu and
Screenshot 3 shows the lag spikes i am getting over and over again

Screenshot 4 showed the f11 graph yesterday...

(restart didn't help, resolution or framerate change didn't help...)

specs:

G9 oddysey 240hz 32:9 monitor
1440p resolution

RTX 2070 super
i7 9700f
32ddr4 gb ram

(last 2 screenshots show my graph with compatibility mode on and off, mostly playing with on because the game feels smoother but really not close to what it felt like weeks ago) (the issue started a month ago but I ignored it until now)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230121.1 (latest)
Ryu Sei
Have you check your Display settings so that osu! runs on your preferred graphics driver?

Check this page to see how to change it: https://pureinfotech.com/set-gpu-app-windows-10/
Basically, you want osu! to run on your high performance graphics driver, not your integrated graphics driver from your chipset.
Topic Starter
Herazu

Ryu Sei wrote:

Have you check your Display settings so that osu! runs on your preferred graphics driver?

Check this page to see how to change it: https://pureinfotech.com/set-gpu-app-windows-10/
Basically, you want osu! to run on your high performance graphics driver, not your integrated graphics driver from your chipset.

I don't know if I did that correctly but after doing that my osu feels smoother at least
and after changing stable to cutting edge and changing some settings my osu f11 graph looks like that:

There is not too much input delay anymore id say after playing for 5 minutes BUT, the blue portion of the f11 graph scares me bit.

note: lazer still feels WAY smoother and compared to stable lazer feels like the true 240hz and stable maybe 144..
Ryu Sei
Now that's an improvement. You can reduce latency and lag spike further by closing unneeded applications before playing.
Topic Starter
Herazu

Ryu Sei wrote:

Now that's an improvement. You can reduce latency and lag spike further by closing unneeded applications before playing.
will try, thanks!

do you think the blue portion of bars is a concern though?