forum

how to break habit of not full-alternating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aurusei
every time i see a dkdkd my brain instantly goes towards hitting it as 34343 which i assume is a bad habit habit for the future. how do i stop this?

lil example: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/93554290626400256/1066612676249276436/IMG_0243.mov
Rigbyuis
your brain is already used to it so i'd recommend you to do practice diffs with the patterns and no other distractions such as another patterns to add to the practice (if you wanna progress faster then do it) and hit them lrlrlrlrlrlrlrl only, no index middle index middle etc etc. also try with triplets on onis, they can help you.
Tedward765
considering i met a high 4 digit who had this kind of playstyle especially with doubles such as kd or dk patterns who was also quite a fast player its not really a bad habit if you are used to it. but if you think its too straining for your hands or you'd rather try to change the habit sooner just for the sake of it, then you can try just occasionally playing one pattern "correctly" as in when you see just kdk or something similar to it you just try to play only that burst "correctly" and then go back to playing like you do usually (this was how i learned alternating) i recommend doing this when you are not really trying to set good scores so that way you are more relaxed rather than have to get more nervous about an fc or something then it can just become something that you do when you are bored. You will eventually start finding this comfortable that you can start playing kdkdk patterns "properly" more often and maybe at some point you will find that you have fixed your "bad habit"
flr
just practice, it is hard to change playstyles, but it will be worth at the end!

you can go for 34213421 also just saying