forum

New to the Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sublime
First off, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place but I couldn't find anywhere else suitable.

So basically I bought a Medium Wacom Intuos tablet (Model CTH680) and it works well and all but I feel some pros and cons (first day use)

Pros and Cons with Tablet (vs. mouse)

Pros: Can spin much better, small spacing of circles are easier to hit, "squared" circles are easier as well.

Cons: I feel that the tablet is less accurate for some odd reason, I hit streamers much better with my mouse.

I also play FPS games so I'm used to the mouse (if that matters).

What are your experiences with a tablet? Does every aspect feel superior to a mouse? How long did it take you to get used to the change?

P.S. These are my current settings (I like it to be mostly sensitive).
Weed
You shouldn't really judge it after only using it one day. Also I'd enable force proportions.
TakuMii
Yeah, I'd turn on Force Proportions. Also turn off Windows Ink, since that sometimes causes problems with osu! (although you might need it on for art programs).
Also, I'd suggest making the active area as big as you can comfortably make it, and stick to that area until you get used to it. Bigger area gives you more precision at the cost of more movement. I wouldn't suggest full area though, since your tablet is bigger than the ones most players use.
Blaziken
Answering your last question, it took me 34 minutes to get used to a tablet.
Topic Starter
Sublime
Changed to tick "Force Proportions" on. and Turned off Windows Ink. Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll try it out for a few more days and see if I like it and experiment with the proportions a bit more. Thanks.

P.S. How do you grip the pen? Sometimes when I play my hand slips right to the tip and if I grip it too high I feel less accurate.
Topic Starter
Sublime
Day 2 Feedback: I'm getting very used to the tablet. I took YayMii's advice and made my active area a tad bit larger and it helped me greatly. I'm going to keep the tablet and carry on. Thanks for the replies everyone. ^_^ :)