forum

[resolved] [Website] Can I link linktr.ee to my "profile's website"?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy
I would like to ask if it's okay to link my linktr.ee on my profile as my "website" on my profile. I have read the rules regarding "all-ages community", but...

I'm asking this because my linktr.ee has a few websites that I have marked as "Sensitive Content", these being: "Twitter", "Derpibooru", "Furbooru" and "Pixiv". There's also a section on wiki/en/Rules/Visual_Content_Considerations regarding hyperlinks, which I assume it applies to the website URL on your profile.

When you click any of these 4 websites via my LinkTree, a message like this will show up:

You can only head to the website once you click "Continue". The link itself also does not show up if you mouse-hover on "Pixiv", only after clicking "Continue".

I marked these 4 websites as they are mostly related to artwork. Some of them I have favorited/bookmarked suggestive-ish artwork (and very very few images of 18+ artwork on Pixiv).

By default, "Derpibooru", "Furbooru" and "Pixiv" does not show 18+ images, unless enabled. "Derpibooru" only shows "Safe" images unless changed in the filters. Twitter is a bit different as it depends on the person who tweeted the media, as far as I know. However, there is a specific section for just "Twitter" on the "account settings page". So I guess it's fine to link a LinkTree URL?

Edit: I wouldn't put my Twitter on the "twitter" section of osu!, that would still be only available through my LinkTree which would show up the Warning before heading to my Twitter profile.

I'm in like a million different places on the Internet, so I often use LinkTree on other websites.

I can link my LinkTree if needed below, if it requires any checks or anything. I did make a quick Google search and I have seen other people with LinkTrees on their osu! profiles, but it was just very few links (2-3 max.).

Please let me know,
Thank you.
Ryu Sei
As long as there is some kind of warning I think you're fine.
Jason X

chromb wrote:

As long as the NSFW content isn't visible when you access the page, it's fine.
Referring to community/forums/topics/1683023?n=5 which pretty much applies here too.
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy

Jason X wrote:

chromb wrote:

As long as the NSFW content isn't visible when you access the page, it's fine.
Referring to community/forums/topics/1683023?n=5 which pretty much applies here too.
Thanks for the response, so I guess that's a "Yes". I assume "access the page", would be the actual linktr.ee page, and not the links inside the LinkTree, correct? The actual LinkTree has only one profile picture, which is SFW.

Although, I'm still not 100% sure regarding the 4 links with warnings I mentioned. I guess my Steam profile could be a grey area too, even though the thing in specific is heavily blurred (and the original wasn't NSFW to begin with).

I guess anything I can make a second LinkTree that omits these links. Although the actual LinkTree with these 4 links will most likely show up in some of the websites that will be linked, so there's no win-win scenarios here.

Also, the very first link on my LinkTree is a page I put credit information artists (and source) in profile pictures I use around the web. All the profile pictures are SFW, however, a few them comes from Twitter profiles that posts NSFW content. In fact, the very first one is an example of that (which has a warning on the page mentioning it's a NSFW account), even though the tweet in specific was deleted, and the profile could only be accessed if removing the "/status/postid" to visit the profile.

And, as well the case that all the things I posted myself on Pixiv so far is done via an NSFW software, even though the art themselves are not NSFW (and those artworks, as well their tags, show up without having to register/login to Pixiv). However Pixiv has the Warning for Sensitive Content beforehand.

I guess there's a bit of liberty when it comes to certain things, I think? Like, I know there's a beatmap for a song from Doki Doki Literature Club, even though the game itself is considered very dark. I think it's just a song, so the "Explicit Content" for the beatmap wouldn't apply as there aren't any lyrics that would fall under 'Explicit Content".

Edit: I know there's also cases of people who put the background source for their beatmaps on the beatmap's description, which many times comes from Pixiv. The artist behind that account could have NSFW content, even if the art that was directly linked wasn't marked as so.

I appreciate your response, but at moment I won't link it to my profile, and I will wait to receive a response regarding LinkTree in specific (and other type of "LinkTree-type" webites), due to its nature of being a website that shares multiple links. I think it's a little different than just the Pixiv profile page from the post you mentioned.

Although, being able to set a Twitter profile as a separate link could be a grey area too, as the social media lets you host/share NSFW things, although I think you can make it "hidden" via a setting.

I'm sorry that I'm so cautious like this. Even if I end up not putting the link, regardless if it's allowed or not, I think it can be a good topic to discuss about. The biggest problem on my case is considering that I have many links inside links. Even if I made a separate LinkTree account without these 4-5 links, other links would still have access to the original LinkTree URL.

Ryu Sei wrote:

As long as there is some kind of warning I think you're fine.
Although I mainly replied to Jason X's post, I appreciate your post as well. Thank you.
Death
Should be fine given that the website you are linking to your osu! profile doesn't actually display any inappropriate content itself. Having that warning you took a picture of is also a plus.
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy

Death wrote:

Should be fine given that the website you are linking to your osu! profile doesn't actually display any inappropriate content itself. Having that warning you took a picture of is also a plus.
Thank you for the clarification, I have added the link to my profile. Thank you everyone who contributed to the topic, hope y'all have a great day.