forum

[confirmed] [mania] FontCombo not loaded from preferred skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rei Hakurei
Problem Details:
i can't explain this problem, but i can explain how to replicate this bug.

How to Replicate:
  1. Use a custom skin, make sure its nK.ini is already exists and loads a specified FontCombo
    (FontCombo default value is 'score', try to avoid using that name on this case)
  2. Play a beatmap that uses another skin, with the similar specification like what you have on previous step, but not the skin itself
  3. FontCombo doesn't load the beatmap preferred skin (example, comboB) but it tries to load (example, comboA - font combo that specified on your current skin) instead.
  4. If you get a miss, the missing combo animation (red ones for default) loads the comboB instead comboA
Case 1: if the ComboA or the Skin that you use have defined another FontCombo but you haven't copied the copy of your FontCombo onto target skin that the beatmap prefers,
ComboA won't be loaded, but if you miss you'll see the last combo that you've collected along (ComboA loaded here)

Case 2: you haven't defined ComboA, so basically it loads the default 'score' either from your skin or from the osu!gameplay itself; but you defined something on ComboB,
similar to Case 1,

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

there are some cases that possible to exploit the bug

osu! version: 20131129.1 (latest)
Marcin
Ok, I have been trying to understand what is going on in here and found out so I'll basically show step by step how to do this.

1. Create a mania (or standard diff, and then change gamemode) diff, and make it use preferred skin called "Skin A"
2. Create that skin (preferred for that beatmap), you can use this as sample: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/211 ... in%20A.zip
- Make sure you have nK.ini, and you have set some custom FontCombo
3. Choose some custom skin, you can use this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/211 ... amples.zip
- Make sure that FontCombo is DIFFERENT from the one which beatmap is going to prefer
4. Play beatmap created before.
5. You may note that if playing that beatmap FontCombo is not loaded and thus not showed.
6. When you miss a default FontCombo is shown.
7. Now, copy over .png files from your custom skin to beatmap's skin
8. Play beatmap again.
9. Now you see combo count - it proves that osu! is looking at wrong nK.ini and thus using wrong FontCombo
Ryu Sei
Confirmed.
Even without custom skin from beatmap.
My steps:
1. Modify nK.ini in custom skin, edit line "FontCombo: default" to others
2. Create a FontCombo that using prefix as FontCombo in nK.ini use
3. Play a beatmap
4. Try to break the combo.
Sample file