forum

[Archived] Sudden increase in rendering delay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KiraKiraAyu
Problem details:
When I play std,I alaways encounter intermittent sudden increase in rendering delay.It will bring a brief lag.

The problem only exists in ctb with relax and std.So I think the problem is caused by my mouse.But I don't know how to solve it.I dont have another mouse to replace.

osu! version: Stable 20230101.2 (latest)
Ryu Sei
Related: community/forums/topics/1694587

In short, try reduce your mouse poll rate. Close other unused background processes like Steam and Discord and see if it's any better. I personally use 125Hz rate, but your PC might be able to handle faster than that.
Topic Starter
KiraKiraAyu

Ryu Sei wrote:

In short, try reduce your mouse poll rate. Close other unused background processes like Steam and Discord and see if it's any better. I personally use 125Hz rate, but your PC might be able to handle faster than that.
I had tried it.I switched from 1000 to 500.There was no change.Closing other background processes doesn't work either.

There isn't lower mouse poll rate available than 500,and there is only 500hz and 1000hz.Do I need to find a way to lower it than 500?
Ryu Sei
Unfortunately, I can't help since your mouse's absolute minimum poll rate probably at 500Hz. Can you tell us what brand and type of the mouse? Maybe other people can help you lowering the mouse poll rate.
Topic Starter
KiraKiraAyu

Ryu Sei wrote:

Ryu Sei wrote:

Unfortunately, I can't help since your mouse's absolute minimum poll rate probably at 500Hz. Can you tell us what brand and type of the mouse? Maybe other people can help you lowering the mouse poll rate.
Razer DeathAdder Essential
Ryu Sei
Oh. There should be low poll rate option on that mouse, I used that too. Unsure if low poll rate available on older devices, but mine has 125Hz option from Razer Synapse.