forum

BPM Analyzer - For all (most) of your BPM needs!

posted
Total Posts
show more
EiJi
Like I've always said, the BPM Analyzer is a very good tool. And I recommend anyone to use it. BUT IT IS ONLY TO BE USED AS A REFERENCE! I use it to get the initial BPM, which, mind you, is very rarely accurate. I adjust it accordingly.
Echo
@chan: I don't think listening at 0.5x would make your timing any more accurate than timing at 1.0x.

Usually I get the correct offset, then work on a BPM while skipping through the song adjusting as necessary, and finally play through the entire song at 1.0x to check.
YoshiN_old
I guess http://www.bpmdatabase.com is more accurate method. But it has one defect - you won't see there many pure japanese songs :P

PS Welcome! This is my 1st post!
Topic Starter
Rolled

YoshiN wrote:

I guess http://www.bpmdatabase.com is more accurate method. But it has one defect - you won't see there many pure japanese songs :P

PS Welcome! This is my 1st post!
Excellent! Adding this to the first post. Also, welcome to the forums :)
Shirotora_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Be a man, use your hand

(do it manually)
Mogsy
Be wary that BPM Analyzer also makes the BPM half of what it should be at times. If you feel like it should be faster, double what BPM Analyzer gives you (if it's supposed to be around 170 and it gives you 85, then you know what to do).
issues347

awp wrote:

Be a man, use your hand

(do it manually)
I support this message.
James
vote awp for president
cfvmario
My favorite way of timing is using a bpm counter tool, play the mp3 and tap the bpm myself. Of course tapping will cause some error, but the error is reduced when tapped for some time. Most songs' bpm are integer number and I will see the bpm shows in the counter very close to an integer.
Saturos

cfvmario wrote:

My favorite way of timing is using a bpm counter tool, play the mp3 and tap the bpm myself. Of course tapping will cause some error, but the error is reduced when tapped for some time. Most songs' bpm are integer number and I will see the bpm shows in the counter very close to an integer.
Good thing the editor has one of these, eh?
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Azu_old
http://hangvogel.hypermart.net/bpmchecker/

Haven't tired it yet, but this might help.
Gens

Azu wrote:

http://hangvogel.hypermart.net/bpmchecker/
Ooohh. Downloading

BTW, I knew MixMeister's BPM Analyzer, since I worked out DTXs before. Nothing new.
Also, "Traktor DJ Studio" can also calculate BPMs.
Ace of Trades
Lilith_old

Jarby

lilith wrote:

ive tryed 2 diferent bpm detectors or calculator or analyzer, whatever u want to call it

osu said me 105.69, but i dont know what of them i can believe to set a correct bpm. (im redoing my beatmap, im not sure about bpm and i must remap all circles (i set it on the same combo :o :o :o ))

mixmeister bpm analyzer v/s pistonsoft bpm detector
You need to round the number. The BPM is most likely 133.

Download: Pastry - Sora No Mukou (Trance Arrange) (Ayeen) [WCX's Insane].osu
Lilith_old
ive recently killed my beatmap.

maybe i should try to make another

better luck to the next time :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Otium_old
I feel awesome, I managed to get the beat map I'm working on on 144.00 as BPM, and just for fun I checked it out with the program, the program said 144.01 in BPM.
Tehe~ <3

Anyway, I do recommend this, but try to do it by yourself first, then try our the program.

Now if there only was a program for the Offset... ;_;
Eddycted

Otium wrote:

Now if there only was a program for the Offset... ;_;
Slightly offtopic, but:

I use GoldWave to do this. It decompresses the audio and allows you to zoom in at the audio track and find the gap before the start of the song. It's not as easy as the BPM analyzer, but if done right you should only need some fine tuning (a few ms).

When you open your song in GoldWave you'll see something like this:

Now, zoom in to the first beat by either using mousewheel or dragging a selection box and using 'zoom into selection' (right mouse button), and you'll get this:

The numbers below (see the red box) give the timing of your selection, the blue area. Since the first beat is on the left side of my selection, I need to use the first number. You can see it's not exactly 0.722 (more like 0.7218), but Osu! will only alllow up to three digits behind the dot, so round off.

I hope this helps. ;)
Gemi
Everyone, you should notice one thing which might cause MixMeister to give you the wrong bpm. Before checking the bpm of the song MixMeister first checks if the song file has a bpm meta tag. If it does, then MixMeister just shows that bpm and does not calculate the bpm itself. If the meta tag bpm is incorrect, then MixMeister will give an inaccurate bpm.

To avoid this problem you can download Audacity. Open the song file with Audacity, then export it to mp3 again. When exporting you will be able to view all meta information of the song. Remove any bpm information. After this your new mp3 can be dropped to MixMeister to get the real bpm.

And yes, MixMeister of course fails if the song bpm is not constant.

JarJarJacob wrote:

Rounding usually gives an incorrect bpm as the one given to you is the real bpm if there are no bpm changes in the song. Do not round the result if you use MixMeister or some other bpm analyzer.
iDarkTraceX
Ooooooooooooooooooooh....
I like this program! (Talking about the MixMeister =D)
It helped me fix one of my beatmaps :) (I got 70 the first time, then after I put it to the suggested 152.12, it sounded a whole hell lot better.)
And it was VERY close to my "Did You Rike It Remix!" beatmap! (Manually I got 139.30 and it calculated 139.16 8-) )

However, don't rely on this thing all the time! Like awp said and I quote:
Be a man, use your hand

(do it manually)
..........THEN USE this program to help confirm your bpm! :D
HakuNoKaemi
for multiple sections you can first divide the song in part and analyze the single part

another method for bpm analyzing is to use Acid Beatmapper Wizard function and , after have selected the downbeat , the start of the section should be when the wave is larger

for the offset , you can calculate it with acid ( the "downbeat " when Beatmapper Wizard(OMG) ) , after have adjusted it to the 1st large wave , and have calculated the bpm .
when you edit the song , make it start after some ms , and take the number with adding 10 ms
that'll be your offset
Ph0X

Gemi wrote:

Everyone, you should notice one thing which might cause MixMeister to give you the wrong bpm. Before checking the bpm of the song MixMeister first checks if the song file has a bpm meta tag. If it does, then MixMeister just shows that bpm and does not calculate the bpm itself. If the meta tag bpm is incorrect, then MixMeister will give an inaccurate bpm.
When you drag the song, it gives the meta tag, but you can also press the "recalculate" button on top to let MixMeister do it's work, but yes, you need to watch out for that. Though sometimes the meta bpm tag works too~

Gemi wrote:

JarJarJacob wrote:

Rounding usually gives an incorrect bpm as the one given to you is the real bpm if there are no bpm changes in the song. Do not round the result if you use MixMeister or some other bpm analyzer.
This really depends, at times, Mixmeizer was right, and other times, the rounded one worked, so pretty much try and fix the beggining, and if by the end of the song it's off, it's the other.

Also, for sections, I sometime use this: http://www.pyramidedata.dk/autobpm.html
PedroGabriel

awp wrote:

Be a man, use your hand

(do it manually)
let's tap the papaya, rofl

this program does not work perfectly I think.
and if my music had more than one session?
only will show a bpm
frank41312_old

Rolled wrote:

Download MixMeister BPM Analyzer Here

MixMeister BPM Analyzer is a free program you can use to automatically detect the exact BPM (beats per minute) of any song. The tags in most digital music files provide no BPM information at all, and others contain estimates, which are often inaccurate.
This program is a very handy tool when you need a quick BPM check, and confirmations. It may require some fine tuning, but this will give you the general idea of the BPM. I personally use it, and reccomend it to all new beatmappers who don't have an ear for BPMs.

It is very simple to use. Simply open up the app, and drag over the MP3 in which you'd like the BPM for. In a matter of seconds, you will have the BPM of the song. NOTE: THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR MULTIPLE TIMING SECTIONS

If you cannot be bothered to download the BPM analyzer, perhaps you can find the song you are looking for in this BPM database.
Thank you to YoshiN for the link!