forum

[Archived] HELP I CANT FIX THIS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Judeity
Every time I open osu this error shows up, everything works just fine but sometimes the game crashes upon opening the game. I've tried every last thing I can think of, I ran osu repair, I updated my drivers, looked around on the forms, REINSTALLED THE ENTIRE GAME AND IT WON'T GO AWAY PLEASE HELP!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230101.2 (latest)
Blushing
What GPU are you using? Have you tried using compatibility mode?
Topic Starter
Judeity

Blushing wrote:

What GPU are you using? Have you tried using compatibility mode?
NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1160 Ti, and I'm useing compatibility mode.
Death
So the game works sometimes but crashes other times?

If you're able to get the game open, please disable compatibility mode in the options menu.
Topic Starter
Judeity

Death wrote:

So the game works sometimes but crashes other times?

If you're able to get the game open, please disable compatibility mode in the options menu.
Yeah, everything works it's just a little annoying to open. I turned off compatibility mode and that didn't do anything.
Topic Starter
Judeity
It's gotten worse, skins don't work anymore, and I'm pretty sure crashes are more frequent. I can't even play the game anymore. Something is very wrong and I can't fix it.
Death
Reenable compatibility mode in that case. If that doesn't help, your graphics card drivers are probably broken and need to be reinstalled.
Topic Starter
Judeity

Death wrote:

Reenable compatibility mode in that case. If that doesn't help, your graphics card drivers are probably broken and need to be reinstalled.
idk how to reinstall them
Blushing
Try restarting your computer first then try below if restarting doesn't work.

You'll want to use a DDU to uninstall your graphics drivers. After doing such you should probably redownload them from your manufacturer's website.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx use this link to find the nvidia drivers for your graphics card. If you have geforce you can probably do it all within the application, if you choose this method you'll want to make sure its a clean install of the drivers, otherwise it might not fix this issue you are having.
Topic Starter
Judeity

Blushing wrote:

Try restarting your computer first then try below if restarting doesn't work.

You'll want to use a DDU to uninstall your graphics drivers. After doing such you should probably redownload them from your manufacturer's website.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/index.aspx use this link to find the nvidia drivers for your graphics card. If you have geforce you can probably do it all within the application, if you choose this method you'll want to make sure its a clean install of the drivers, otherwise it might not fix this issue you are having.
Tried the NVIDIA desktop app it just gave me an error when I tried to install new drivers, I'm starting to get very annoyed. At least I was able to get skins working again.