forum

Hi I'm new

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChuTwo_old
Why are tablets considered to be easier?

What if you use a mouse more than a tablet, does that mean using a mouse would for easier for you?

I'm pretty sure throughout my lifetime, I held a mouse way longer than a pen/pencil.

Does that mean I shouldn't buy the new osutablet?

Hi I'm new

also, will using a tablet improve my penmanship?
shortpotato
there are good mouse players
but i think people prefer tablet
its not just 'better' by a huge margin
Topic Starter
ChuTwo_old

shortpotato wrote:

there are good mouse players
but i think people prefer tablet
its not just 'better' by a huge margin
what is a whistle blower?
my friend and I have been playing for the same amount of time, around a month, however he's significantly better than me, why?
is it because I stick with maps that I'm comfortable with and that I don't challenge myself
is it because he is just a natural
or is it because he probably has played similar games before that require aim, speed
XPJ38
Wow so many questions! You shouldn't think too hard about them. People are all different, they all experience the game differently, learn differently, play differently. The context is also different, some people play for fun, others for competition.
Just because you seem to underperform when you compare yourself to your friend does not mean you are worse than him. I know it's a bit hard to hear the following when asking yourself so many questions, because it sounds silly, but here's a universal piece of advice: play as you want, at your own rhythm. Do not bother about others. The more you play, the more you improve, that's it.

About the tablet, don't try to imagine what it can bring you. If you never held one, you can't imagine. Some people prefer using a tablet, others don't. Some people say tablets are easier because they have experienced it and felt like it really is better, but these reviews are only applicable for them. Again, that's because they play differently, the context is different, etc. Getting a tablet won't necessarily make you a better player. Here's a tip about tablets: if you have the opportunity to get one, buy one. If you like it, great, keep it! If you don't like it, then at least now you know what it feels like. You didn't lose your money for nothing.

Wow, I never wrote so much text in the Introductions forum! Anyway, welcome to the osu! forums! Enjoy your stay. And remember: keep calm and keep playing :)
Immortelle_old
Welcome :3
kouzuki_karen
Welcome :D
Rio-

ChuTwo wrote:

what is a whistle blower?
It's A Title of A Forum users, Pretty common in every forums around the internet

btw.... Welcome ^^
*I suggest You play with Mouse first, and then try tablet too...
vizzy
Welcome to the forums!
WillTai
Hey there! Welcome to osu! and the forums~ :D

As for the tablet or mouse debacle. It is really up to you. Though generally top players use tablet but at the end of the day I think it is best to stick with what you enjoy or prefer (i.e. more comfortable). I've played with mouse and tablet, well sort of. I had a laptop that had a tablet function and that's what got me into this game. However, I switched to mouse about a month or two ago. Initially I found that beatmaps with constant flow or continuous moving harder with mouse than tablet but I was more accurate with mouse. I prefer mouse :3

The best way to improve penmanship is to write more but be consciously aware of each stroke you make. Don't rush the process and adjust each stroke until you get the desired look. My handwriting is pretty ugly (that oxymoron) but it is slowly improving haha.
[-Teddy-]
Welcome to osu! ChuTwo!

As said above: You should play with whatever is more comfortable to you! If you feel that you aren't improving try playing harder/faster songs. If you are having trouble try playing easier/slower songs. Above all though just have fun! Good luck and enjoy your stay!
topecnz
Welcome to osu!forums

Enjoy your stay
Mineko
welcome here! :D