forum

[resolved] Beatmap audio wont upload to osu website

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Persei
Problem details:

So when i try to upload a beatmap to osu the audio dissappears and even when you download it its just not there. Also the audio cannot be (lack of a better word) preplayed on the website. I really tried everything i found on the internet about this issue but its not working. Ive checked the name on all the files in the beatmap folder, did that thingy where you upload the mp3 file somewhere, download it again and then replace it and tried making a whole new folder. I had this issue before but i maganed to fix it by removing weird letters from the file names, but not this time. beatmapsets/1918006#osu/3957957
i also uploaded another brand new map where i, again, tried to really do everthing correctly and it didnt work.

osu! version: Stable 20230101.2 (latest)
- Marco -
the .mp3 is still in a AAC codec, you need to re-encode it from audacity or somewhere else
Topic Starter
Persei
uh im sorry but what exaclty does re-encode mean? I installed audactiy and just imported the audio and exported it as mp3 again. I couldnt find an option for re-encoding... Also where can i check if its still in AAC?
Ryu Sei

Persei wrote:

uh im sorry but what exaclty does re-encode mean? I installed audactiy and just imported the audio and exported it as mp3 again. I couldnt find an option for re-encoding... Also where can i check if its still in AAC?
You can use tool like MediaInfo to check the encoding.

You want to look at the Format field. You want it to be "MPEG Audio" or "Vorbis" for MP3 and OGG consecutively. If it's not, re-encode.

If the re-encoding process fails for some reason, you should try this workaround flow:
  1. Open the audio file you wish to re-encode.
  2. Export the audio as WAV.
  3. Open the WAV file you just exported.
  4. Export the audio as MP3/OGG.
  5. (Optional) Delete the WAV file.
This will ensure the result to be encoded correctly with the format required. Hope it helps!
Topic Starter
Persei
it worked. Thank you so much! : ))))

well it acutally didnt. Its weird i can play the audio on my macbook and it says MPEG Audio. yee i think im just gonna give up honestly wtf is this