forum

[Archived] I can't gain pp anymore for some reason

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AmazingSuperBro
it seems like there might be a limit to the pp I can gain in a day since I looked at my recent plays and the majority of them were 100-200pp plays but I'm only gaining about 12pp max for each of those plays.

help.
diqosdnjqwjd0iasndwundioasjfnweiuqoasfvnubfqwonmas
Blushing
You havent made a substantial play in mania in over ~20 hours. PP is weighted. Youll have to get something within the top ~15 plays to really see any drastic change.
Topic Starter
AmazingSuperBro

Blushing wrote:

You havent made a substantial play in mania in over ~20 hours. PP is weighted. Youll have to get something within the top ~15 plays to really see any drastic change.
what do you mean by pp is weighted?
Ryu Sei

AmazingSuperBro wrote:

what do you mean by pp is weighted?
In short, a weight is the amount of the performance points can be gained based on the position of the raw performance points gained.

The weight decreases exponentially, with the formula of (95%)^(n-1), where n is the position of your best plays based on raw performance points.

That means, your highest performance point gained in a single map weighted (95%)^0 = 100%, second one is 95%, third one is (95%)^2, and so on.

To gain performance points, your performance points gained in your play should be higher than the raw performance points of your plays in any map. This can be simply done by playing different maps, playing harder maps, or using difficulty increasing modifiers to gain more score.