forum

[resolved] restore local scores of edited map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SwieTec
Problem details:

I edited a beatmap in the ingame editor to practice a certain part of the map. After editing the map all local scores were gone and also wern't recovered after reseting the map to it's online version. Is there any way to get the local scores recoverd or are they just permanently deleted?

osu! version: Stable 20230101.2 (latest)
Death
osu! might just nuke the replays if the map has changed, not sure.

Can you post a link to the beatmap you edited?

It's possible to check if the replay still exists in your osu! folder, but you'd need to search for the beatmap hash, which I can get for you if you tell me which beatmap and difficulty you edited.
Topic Starter
SwieTec

Death wrote:

Can you post a link to the beatmap you edited?
The map is "army of the knight" in the difficulty "hard".
beatmapsets/1044785#osu/2229521
Death
Thanks.

Inside your osu! folder is a hidden "Data" directory that should have an "r" folder in it with all of your local replays. If you can't see the Data folder, you'll need to enable "Hidden Items" in your file explorer. Once you're in the r folder, search for replay files starting starting with "2f739e0af119dd9d471a44a12cc8c336".

Any replays that starting with that are for the beatmap you linked and you can double click on them to load them back into the game.
Topic Starter
SwieTec

Death wrote:

Thanks.
Once you're in the r folder, search for replay files starting starting with "2f739e0af119dd9d471a44a12cc8c336".
I couldn't find any files starting with that, even after setting a new score.
Death
Oops yeah, I accidentally used the wrong value when looking up the map via the API... This hash should be correct: 691a3b9e2ffc56320034a9aca8070a1b

You can also just set a score on the map then refresh the folder and sort your file explorer by "Date modified". The latest replay will have the correct hash, then you can search for others in the folder with that value.
Topic Starter
SwieTec
It worked. Thank you for your help.