forum

Other general suggestions.. [Partly Added b79] [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
JacoPOP
I had some ideas..

What about putting inside the OSZs also a Thumbnail to be shown near the song name in the selection menu (or even a background picture for the entire "red rectangle") or a full background screen that fades in when the preview music starts..
You shold add some icons for osz and osu files..

Just graphic ideas today.. sorry.. :lol:

EDIT

Ehm.. here I am..
Suggestion for the site..
What about a page where you can download the songs (divided by difficulty), rate them, with a download count, just to make some top 10s..

Another thing.. I think beatmappers should have ho decide the difficulty "STARS" themselves.. because, you know, there are difficult songs that have 3 stars and less-difficult ones that have 4 stars..
peppy
That sounds quite interesting :D. Definitely added to the list!
Topic Starter
JacoPOP
Cool.. I edited the message anyway..
peppy
Difficulty stars is being worked on. In the next release, it will also account for the number of notes per second in songs - which will hopefully help even things out. I may also allow for overriding the default stars at some point in time if this becomes necessary.

The idea for downloading songs is already underway - and will be part of the online ranking system. Definitely thinking on the same track there, jaco :).
Topic Starter
JacoPOP
I keep on using this thread for other features..

FOR THE EDITOR

- a "rotate selection 90 degrees" option can be useful for sliders.. and maybe a "free rotate" like the photoshop's CTRL+T.. would be a dream come true..

- UNDO!!!! UNDO!!! UNDO!!!! last action!
peppy
ahahahahahah i'm adding rotation RIGHT NOW. I was just working on the maths behind it as I read your post!

you're reading my mind today (although this was eyup's request ^^)
Topic Starter
JacoPOP
edit :lol:
peppy
Undo is also on the list. This is a harder one to get going - but I'll try my best to get it out ASAP.

Keep up the suggestions!
Topic Starter
JacoPOP
I wasn't aware of the difficulty..

Anyway i have to say you're an "hell of a coder" and there's so much admiration for you..
I am one of those kids who dreamed one day they'll create a videogame..
I'm not.. but i'm talking to someone who is.. (etc. - i don't know how to tell this in english :o ).

Another thing i think often of/about (damn grammar, si it right?) is that you are AUSTRALIAN.. i'm ITALIAN.. and we're talking as if it was something perfectly normal..
Internet Power :twisted: