forum

Areas of failure for maps [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Rarris
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Randy96
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
YouTube has this as a "where do people stop looking at the video" graph and in osu! I think that it could be a nice addition to see the places where people fail and the places where people leave/retry the map.
peppy
Just awesome. I love hearing a GOOD feature request for once in a while. Expect this soon :).
Randy96
And to think there wasn't a big discussion before peppy came in.
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

Just awesome. I love hearing a GOOD feature request for once in a while. Expect this soon :).
<3<3<3

Reminds me of TF2 graphs which show where people die the most, etc.
Topic Starter
Rarris
That was actually where I got an idea for that from
Lesjuh
Makes me think of the function in the Ouendan/EBA games where you could watch a small replay of your fail :!:
Ekaru
This is 100% different, though. It's a graph on the site that shows where people are failing.

Anyways, I like it. Would be quite useful for me, to boot. Also be entertaining. I know what the graph would look like for Heatman though. ;_;
FurukawaPan
Cool idea!

It's nice knowing, yeah that part of the map really *was* crazy, everybody was failing there.

+1
CheeseWarlock
I think it might be neat to see where the user restarted without dying too- possibly in a separate graph? A lot of players restart when they break their combo or otherwise do poorly on a section, so I think it would be equally interesting information.
vytalibus

peppy wrote:

Awesome.
ShaggoN
It will give us more specific information about map difficulty. More information than Star Difficulty gives us.
That's great idea. :D
peppy
Derekku
Nice. Two comments I have about this, though:

1) Can the Retry/Fail words be pushed up a notch? If the bars get high enough, they go through them and show up a little bit at the top. Ex) http://osu.ppy.sh/b/33670 (Obviously not super important, but look kinda weird with random pixels above the words)

2) It's not retroactive to before it was added :( (Oh well)
anonymous_old
Oh, awesome!

Could the red and blue be mixed into violet so we can see if there are more retries in a place than failures (as red is shown over blue)?
Ekaru
I like this feature. It's good to know that I need to turn it down some.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/35921

*starts looking at what he did wrong* This is my favorite feature in a long time, this will be oh so useful. Thanks! I like you a lot now (even more, I mean), in the straight way of course!
peppy

strager wrote:

Oh, awesome!

Could the red and blue be mixed into violet so we can see if there are more retries in a place than failures (as red is shown over blue)?
they are accumulative. i'm sure you can do the math visually.
anonymous_old