forum

[Mapping Competition] Crumpeys Osu!Mania Mapping Contest (BeatSaber Edition) (Concluded)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Crumpey
DISCLAIMER: The winner's chart, while eligible to be ranked, may need to be modified and to have a spread added on it depending on how it's mapped. If you'd want to plan ahead of time, we'd suggest checking the Ranking Criteria in advance.

Hey guys, I've decided with very little thought that I would like to host a mapping competition!
To allow people the best chance possible the songs/artist will be announced later on in this post, also the duration for the competition will be on the longer side so everyone has a fair chance to get their map submitted.

Since everyone loves prizes, First place will be 4 months of Osu supporter, and the opportunity to get the map ranked should they fulfill the ranking criteria after the competition has ended, but that's at the winner's discretion. (Nominators being Maxus and Antalf)

there is no second place, just win?

There are a few rules, however.

1. Only 1 difficulty will be evaluated and it MUST be made by only yourself (if you choose to have other diffs they can be done by anyone)
2. hit-sounding is NOT required and won't be considered in judging, but should you want to be applicable for your map to get ranked, it will need to be hit-sounded before the Nominators do so.
3. 4k only, sorry for the 2 people that don't do 4k.
4. Upon submission the map CANNOT be uploaded. After the competition, if you choose to upload the map you're more than welcome to, but just for the duration let's keep everything unsubmitted.
5. Keep your stuff hidden from other participants!!! I mean sure you can say what song you chose, but don't go showing your cool patterns. keep those to yourself!
6. Only 1 submission per person.

• Judges Currently are;
  1. Crumpey
  2. RandomeLoL
  3. Maxus
  4. Protastic101
  5. Antalf

We will judge each map using a 1-10 system on 4 categories;
    Playability, Musical Representation, Creativity, and Rankability (I understand a single diff is NOT rankable but we won't factor that in, however, should you want to rank it, you will need to map another diff)
    The judging sheet will be made public after the judging has been finalized.

The Eligible maps for the competition are all pre-timed and are available riiiiight here
    -> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qyyfBPpX3cbHR75gr7qsTUns9dJtgzmf/view?usp=share_link <-
    Maps when completed and ready to be judged can be sent straight to me.
    Please send your completed maps over to my Discord @Crumpey#4456

Mapping Period - 16th december 2022 - january 31st 2023
    Judging Period - 1st febuary 2023 - ~15th febuary 2023
    Result Post ~ 16th febuary 2023

Any extra information or time changes will be announced in this thread!

imagine using bbcode to make your post look fancy, not me
puxtu
interesting...
anatharax
poggies
aurusei
fax
nootnoot6989
back flip
[RUE]NeomiCryo
i might try it
AchsanLovers

puxtu wrote:

interesting...
brother please join
Nezu-
:3
hemoo
interesting
MarvelousCosmos
Cool! :)
Kaaruumii
ooo me likey
Poptont
are we only allowed to do beatsaber songs
Topic Starter
Crumpey

Poptont wrote:

only the songs I've supplied

Okay Just a little transparency update for all you competitors, if you dont like reading;

TLDR, nothings actually changing just giving some more information.

So first of all Judging, theres alot of judges. 5 to be exact. I personally will NOT be judging and instead it will be left up to the other 4 judges.
My place is to gether all submissions and anonomyze them so that when it comes to judging they dont know who is who, but you however will.

Judges will get something like this https://prnt.sc/e0RaUA24w4ii (even comes with incorrect spelling!)
This keeps things as unbiased as possible and leaves everyone with a fighting chance at victory!

Speaking of victory, an update on the prizes;
First place still gets the same reward no change there
IF there are more than 10 entries second place lands 2 months of supporter curtesy of our judge Protastic <3
and IF there are more than 15 entries third place will land a single month of supporter (from me)

Anything else I've missed here feel free to dm me on discord or osu and ill be sure to get back to you when im able.

Happy Mapping <3
Poptont

Crumpey wrote:

Poptont wrote:

only the songs I've supplied

Okay Just a little transparency update for all you competitors, if you dont like reading;

TLDR, nothings actually changing just giving some more information.

So first of all Judging, theres alot of judges. 5 to be exact. I personally will NOT be judging and instead it will be left up to the other 4 judges.
My place is to gether all submissions and anonomyze them so that when it comes to judging they dont know who is who, but you however will.

Judges will get something like this https://prnt.sc/e0RaUA24w4ii (even comes with incorrect spelling!)
This keeps things as unbiased as possible and leaves everyone with a fighting chance at victory!

Speaking of victory, an update on the prizes;
First place still gets the same reward no change there
IF there are more than 10 entries second place lands 2 months of supporter curtesy of our judge Protastic <3
and IF there are more than 15 entries third place will land a single month of supporter (from me)

Anything else I've missed here feel free to dm me on discord or osu and ill be sure to get back to you when im able.

Happy Mapping <3
cool, gl to everyone
Topic Starter
Crumpey
A warning to all competitors, there is only 15 days left until submissions close!
Topic Starter
Crumpey
Submissions are now CLOSED We are now entering the Judging Period. good luck to all those that entered
Topic Starter
Crumpey
Well it surprises me that we were able to keep schedule but we managed to!
Id like to really thank all the judges for doing a great job in the small timeframe that we did have.
At the end of submission phase we had a total of 6 maps submitted and I'd love to see all these maps uploaded and continued to be worked on, however there CAN only be one winner.

https://prnt.sc/KQu384gDLwT8

Congratulations to unweon for the win, message me on discord (or ill get to you soon) and the supporter will be sent out.

Again id like to thank all of you who participated, and maybe perhaps look forward to a more fleshed-out competition later this year maybe? who knows