forum

Can't find bpm of the map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flayhender
Hey so im trying to map my first map but i have some issues to find the bpm taht i should use because it feel like the actual bpm of the song (the thing im trying to listen to get the bpm) is less noisy than the rest of the song so i can't find the right bpm. Any advice (other than trying to map easier song cause i just want to map this one really xD)

Ps: the music is destiny from Yakuza 6
Jason X
If you mean this song:
BPM: 174
Offset: 3247

Metadata in case you need it
Artist: Saori Yoshida
Title: Destiny
Source: Yakuza 6: The Song of Life.
Tags: Instrumental Video Game Takumi Someya Boss Battle Theme

In case you mean a different version of the song please include a link to it (YouTube, Soundcloud, etc.).
[ Sebastian ]

Jason X wrote:

If you mean this song:

In case you mean a different version of the song please include a link to it (YouTube, Soundcloud, etc.).
How did you find the BPM? Do you have a program or do you use a math formula?
Topic Starter
Flayhender

Jason X wrote:

If you mean this song:

Yeah it's this one thanks !
Ryu Sei

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

There are so many tools to automatically find BPM. Personally I use FL Studio (it's a paid DAW) for single BPM and Arrow Vortex (probably the obsolete .sm editor) for multiple BPM due to easier visualization. Both has automatic BPM detector but Arrow Vortex is reliable on single BPM scenario.
Jason X

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Long answer short, I Press T.

Long answer
Single BPM
I find a beat that can be the main Beat, and press T along the music to follow it, I listen and adjust the offset/BPM until the it matches the song perfectly. Then I simply check through the whole map to see if the BPM matches up with the ticks (metronome).
Multi-BPM
Pretty much the same as above, just that I make a new difficulty every time I find a spot that has a significant difference (new BPM point/metronome reset), I place a bookmark (ctrl + B), reset the whole timing and start from my bookmark to press T again to the new beat I find. Rinse and repeat until the song is done.
Variable BPM
This one personally gives me headaches =_=
It's pretty much the same approach for me as with Multi-BPM, just with a lot more timing points and more manually adjusting the BPM and listening closely to adjust them.
BPM Program
Also yes, I do have a BPM program, but I rarely ever use it as it is only capable of giving out single-BPM values (which are easy to do by hand), with multi/variable-BPM songs it gives the overall BPM for the whole song, which is off by miles.
Also even with single-BPM values it sometimes gives out decimal ones that actually turn out to be flat values with a metronome reset (see pishifat's video below on that topic)
In case you wanna try this program, it's MixMeister BPM Analyzer (here's the program), my version might be out of date since I got it back in 2016

Here are some links I find useful, Pishifat's video is what I recommend for this topic:
Pishifat's Video on Timing
osu!wiki: How to Time Songs

Also, timing on lazer
Some of my friends think this is helpful so might be worth a try.
(I'm mostly confused about this editor's timing panel, so I'll avoid it)

Writing this took me longer than it should've, but I hope it's helpful.