forum

Where to obtain high quality mp3 files (or songs i guess)?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tttiiny
I've been wanting to map a few songs that I liked but I just can't find where to get a good quality mp3 of it. Some artists like Camellia do release some of their songs for free and you can get the mp3 easily but what about songs that isn't easily downloadable? Do I have to purchase that song or is there another way for me to do it. I'm talking for both rhythm game songs and normal songs. Any help is appreciated.
WitherMite
Legally if you want a song and the artist isn't giving free downloads, then yes you have to buy them. Even if you do buy them you also aren't supposed to redistribute the audio, though most mappers ignore this.

That doesn't stop people though, you can get most songs if you know where to look or use google right. Just isn't legal.

I don't think giving advice on piracy is allowed on the forums so wont help more than that.
Topic Starter
tttiiny

WitherMite wrote:

I don't think giving advice on piracy is allowed on the forums so wont help more than that.
Yeah I wanted to find ways that doesn't involve piracy because that sucks (I hate to admit it but oh well).
Zelzatter Zero
if you want it for free, just check their official music platform (Bandcamp, YouTube, SoundCloud) and pray that they allows free downloading on that particular song.

Else you have to pay honestly.
[moI]

tttiiny wrote:

I've been wanting to map a few songs that I liked but I just can't find where to get a good quality mp3 of it. Some artists like Camellia do release some of their songs for free and you can get the mp3 easily but what about songs that isn't easily downloadable? Do I have to purchase that song or is there another way for me to do it. I'm talking for both rhythm game songs and normal songs. Any help is appreciated.
Soggfy
tity
legally: buy the song

illegally: use [audio hosting site] to mp3 downloaders (cannot post any cause against forum rules)