forum

Help me set up my new Wacom tablet for Osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Instinctly
I need help on the optimal setting for using the Wacom intuos tablet on a windows 8 machine.
boat
Step 1. Plug it in
Step 2. Install the respective drivers for your device
Step 3. Use your tablet
Topic Starter
Instinctly
Okay so I installed it properly. What I would like to know is what size I should make the active area I play in and any other fine adjustments that you guys use
IppE
Full area or get the firetruck out.
Topic Starter
Instinctly

IppE wrote:

So keep the full area. Why do some people limit the size?
chaee

Instinctly wrote:

IppE wrote:

So keep the full area. Why do some people limit the size?
Because the cursor speed is faster.
Topic Starter
Instinctly
Okay I'll change that aspect. Anything in the Osu client I need to adjust to play bysides enabling tablet support?
chaee

Instinctly wrote:

Okay I'll change that aspect. Anything in the Osu client I need to adjust to play bysides enabling tablet support?
1. Find and use a skin you're comfortable with.
2. Dim background.
3. Leave mouse sensitivity at 1.0x
4. Change render settings (not necessary, but..)

That's about it, really.
IppE

chaee wrote:

2. Dim background.
This should be counted as cheating and made unranked.

:3c
JAKACHAN

IppE wrote:

chaee wrote:

2. Dim background.
This should be counted as cheating and made unranked.

:3c
FC Go Beyond with HD HR with the video on and tell me this again.
Topic Starter
Instinctly
guys the sensitivity is really fast or is that normal until i get used to it, i made the size of the active area to the smallest possible
Kanye West
What's Osu
IppE

Instinctly wrote:

guys the sensitivity is really fast or is that normal until i get used to it, i made the size of the active area to the smallest possible

IppE wrote:

Soarezi

IppE wrote:

Instinctly wrote:

IppE wrote:

You don't have to play full area, don't listen to this mongo asxd
chaee

Instinctly wrote:

Yeeeah, it's gonna take some time to get used to. Small area is best area.
TakuMii

IppE wrote:

in all seriousness though, bigger is better
Chrome
What helps if you don't want to keep the full area is the "Force Proportions" option.
It'll be optimized for your screen and you can do full screen gameplay.
If you want to keep the full area, you can just have osu! windowed :D
tokaku

Instinctly wrote:

i made the size of the active area to the smallest possible
That's real bad don't do that. Yeah my area is pretty small compared to the whole tablet size but smallest size possible?? You're going to end up straining your hand a lot during jumps and maps with small hit circles
Jerome
Use whatever area you want. People like rrtyui may use a large area but Thelewa doesn't use a particularly big area for example. My area is small enough so that I can reach everything without having to move my hand at all (top left corner with hand on the tablet). In the end it is up to what you find comfortable - I like small precise movements so small area is for me. If you arn't good with small movements then try to get used to a bigger area as it will give you more precision in the long run.

People on osu tend to be very opinionated, it's all about what suits you.
TakuMii

Jeromelol wrote:

Use whatever area you want. People like rrtyui may use a large area but Thelewa doesn't use a particularly big area for example.
Pretty sure both of them use around the same area (since rrtyui plays windowed and AFAIK lewa plays fullscreen).

But IMO you should try to find the biggest area that you can comfortably use, due to the precision benefits from having more movement (think of a lever, bigger movement = less effort in the long run). Grip also plays a huge part in what your comfort zone is - some grips allow more movement than others. But you want to make sure you're comfortable with whatever area you choose to use; there's no point in hurting yourself just to use a bigger area.
Arcanine
why'd you waste your money on a tablet

should of gotten a ball mouse