forum

Option to show Measures/Bars on Compose's timeline [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Or whatever you call every 4 beats or so, I don't know musical terms much. It's either measures or bars.

I want the option to see that in Editor, mainly for Taiko mapping. I want to know where there would be a bar line in Taiko mode, for various reasons. Ex. Having, say, a 4 beat drumroll start on the barline and end on the barline.

It's kind of annoying to have to go into, say, Play -> Special -> Taiko just to see that sometimes (Test on Taiko maps, but sometimes I'd like to know this on regular maps). I'd like to be able to see it in Editor mode.

So, I want the option to have every 4 white ticks be a different color, since I stink at keeping track of stuff like this in my head and it'd be easier to just look at the barline and go, "Oh, so that's when that measure/bar/whatever begins", since sometimes I want to place a note on a barline, have a slider start there, or otherwise.

I can live without it, I just think it'd be nice to have.

EDIT: By "ever 4 white ticks be a different color" I mean "BLUE white white white BLUE white white white BLUE white white white BLUE white white white BLUE white white white etc.
0_o
YES PLEASE
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Just clarified it in my opening post. I think this is what people thought I meant, but I had to clarify it anyways, due to the wording.

Also, thanks for the support. Yeah, this would probably also be good for regular mapping, now that I think about it.
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o
It would be useful for adding hitsounds as well, if you want a sound every x beats, etc.

It's a music game, so don't think it makes sense not to mark the bars..
anonymous_old
I'm all for a longer line (upward), to maybe look like the measure bar thingy. A thicker line would prolly mess up on lower resolutions, and a different colour would be painful as most of the 'different colours' are difficult for me to see anyway (i r blind).

This has to work for 3/4 and 4/4, at least, which I think are implemented.
mattyu007
Kinda like this?

anonymous_old
Yes, I think that's what he means, matty. I wouldn't want it to look like that, though; just a slight modification to the current timeline would be better than revamping. (I'm sure you're not suggesting that but...)
mattyu007
Oh nonono, that's just the only picture I could find (I was lazy)
Derekku
I was thinking about saying that vertical bars per measure would work (like in the Taiko map pic), but those might look ugly (int he middle of breaks and spinners).

I dunno XP
CheeseWarlock
I actually think vertical bars with little numbers would work fine. I fully support this.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Vertical bars would work if they were visible enough. A light gray, maybe? I want to be able to see these while the timeline is moving while the song is playing.

That would work nicely, actually. That, or make the appropriate white ticks longer, with a tint of another color.

EDIT: Can't imagine numbers, though. Where would they, you know, fit? The time bar is short enough vertically as is, and is packed with circles on some maps.
Derekku
Yeah, I really don't see a need for measure bar numbers.
Gens
Yes please. With or without numbers, I don't care. Just implement it <3
Zekira
@mattyu007: EkiBEN2000? :D

Also, support. This way I know when to end drumrolls properly haha
anonymous_old
Currently looks like this:

I guess this has been added?
Derekku
Awesome~ :)
mrtn
I guess this can be moved to completed requests, not sure though since it's only in the test build. I'll leave it up to a global mod :)
Derekku
It's in the newest public too. :P