forum

rhythm game suggestions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
179bpm
put your favorite rhythm games that aren’t osu for others to probably look into
(mine are rhythm doctor and scratchin melodii)
Duck o-o
A dance of fire and ice is actually goated, also crypt of the necrodancer and the rhythm heaven games
Stomiks
Taiko and sound voltex
Karmine
Lanota is dope
My Angel Kuroe
Arcaea... Delightful...
as the old Chinese saying goes, "光光和对立贴贴!!!" (actually it's not a saying... it means Hikari and Tairitsu befriend and cuddle. sorry for my poor english I may not make you understand this...)
npc_BeaniCraft
Taiko no Tatsujin Rhythm festival, drum 'n' fun, and rhythmic adventure 1-2!
SmilMan
cytus 1 and cytus 2.
epic mobile rhythm games that i will 100% play if i am without a pc or just want to rhythm game while experiencing some kind of story.
i haven't actually played much of cytus 1, i don't think it matters if you play it after cytus 2 or not, but i might be wrong. i hope i'm not wrong lol.
cytus 2 seems to have a much more obvious story but i'm still a lil confused on cytus 1.
of course, you don't have to pay attention to the story and can just play the game.
i don't think cytus 1's soundtrack is original, but i do know that cytus 2's is a full ost with epic bangers.
oh btw did i mention FREEDOM DI-
TheAngryNerd101
Try Malody. Cross-platform and has like 5 gamemodes. Maps have to be bought using in-game currency that you get by getting scores which is kinda lame but otherwise nice game.
mlokoi
Some games i have played before and i think you will love it
  1. Cytus
  2. Malody
  3. RoBeats
  4. O2jam
  5. Muse Dash
  6. Phigros
  7. Arcaea(please dont play this)
  8. osu! (highly recommended)
  9. Touch Grass
  10. Some arcade machine (if possible in your area)
    maimai
    Chunithm
    Pump it up
    Sound Voltex
  11. Project SEKAI
Stomiks
Why not arcaea? It's a pretty good rhythm game imo.
TheAngryNerd101
where ITG
[ Sebastian ]
Try CTB. It's very fun.
Neigdoig
For me, it would be anything Stepmania-based (Stepmania, Etterna. ITGMania, OutFox or NotITG), Quaver, and osu!mania for VSRG's (Which I specialize on KB).

For others, I could recommend Cytoid (a Cytus II clone), and Phigros.
Stomiks

Neigdoig wrote:

I could recommend Cytoid (a Cytus II clone)
Oh yeah. Cytoid is way better than cytus 2 since the charts are all user-made and there's real rankings and such.
Topic Starter
179bpm

Stomiks wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

Oh yeah. Cytoid is way better than cytus 2 since the charts are all user-made and there's real rankings and such.
“If I had a nickel for every time I encountered a rhythm game where the copy was better, I’d have two nickels, which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice.” -doofenshmirtz, give or take
Stomiks

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

“If I had a nickel for every time I encountered a rhythm game where the copy was better, I’d have two nickels, which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice.” -doofenshmirtz, give or take
What's the first one
Topic Starter
179bpm

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

What's the first one
ouendan and osu
Stomiks

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

What's the first one

ouendan and osu
Forgot about that
StarlightFox
I know what y'all gonna say but...Friday Night Funkin'.
Yes, the fandom is overrun with kids and yes, "trendy game bad", but trust me. It's great in its simplicity and has some pretty nice tracks.
Metal: Hellsinger is glorious too. It's like DOOM and another rhythm game had a baby. And if you like metal, it's even better.
Stomiks

StarlightFox wrote:

Yes, the fandom is overrun with kids and yes, "trendy game bad", but trust me. It's great in its simplicity and has some pretty nice tracks.
It's far from just being "trendy game bad" and children. The hit windows is bad, every chart is horrendously made, most mod chart are also bad, awful anti-spam, you'll never get to interact with other people who play it too unless you wanna get brain rot, etc.
StarlightFox

Stomiks wrote:

StarlightFox wrote:

It's far from just being "trendy game bad" and children. The hit windows is bad, every chart is horrendously made, most mod chart are also bad, awful anti-spam, you'll never get to interact with other people who play it too unless you wanna get brain rot, etc.
Ah, valid criticisms. As a casual player I do enjoy it though. I don't consider the charts horrendous but maybe that's more opinion.
Hopefully things will be fixed up in the full release.
Neigdoig

StarlightFox wrote:

Metal: Hellsinger is glorious too. It's like DOOM and another rhythm game had a baby. And if you like metal, it's even better.
FNF is an open-source rhythm game. I had tried to get it working on Linux, but that wouldn't happen (If I made a video of me playing FNF, I would get quite a decent amount of views).

Also, in terms of DOOM, BPM (Bullets per Minute) is a Roguelike FPS I haven't played yet.
Stomiks

StarlightFox wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

StarlightFox wrote:

Hopefully things will be fixed up in the full release.
Yup let's just keep on hoping.
nominomu
haven't played it, but Melatonin looks awesome and chill and not impossible
Topic Starter
179bpm

flareling22 wrote:

i feel like some of it relies on visual cues which makes it sort of hard

i saw some people in the comment section of a playthrough of the game and they said it wasn’t really good

i think im gonna check it out eitherway
Stomiks

179bpm wrote:

flareling22 wrote:

i saw some people in the comment section of a playthrough of the game and they said it wasn’t really good

I personally think it gets repetitive but give it a try nonetheless
-Koish-
Got into Muse Dash about a month ago and so far it's great.

The song selection is pretty huge despite the game being pretty cheap and quite a lot of genres to pick from.
The artstyle is vibrant and full of flavor and they often collab with different indie artists so you get a lot of varied styles for cgs.
Charting is solid overrall, with a few being pretty experimental.
Freedom Dive
They often collab w/ other rhythm games or franchises like groove coaster, cytus or even touhou.

No I'm not sponsored
Topic Starter
179bpm

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

flareling22 wrote:

mid melatonin thoughts:

money and time are probably the most confusing minigames so far

followers was easier than i thought it would be

apparently tapping randomly when there’s been no cues for a while counts as a miss

work is probably my favorite minigame so far
Stomiks

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

flareling22 wrote:

mid melatonin thoughts:

apparently tapping randomly when there’s been no cues for a while counts as a miss

So... Did you like it?
Topic Starter
179bpm

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

flareling22 wrote:

mid melatonin thoughts:

So... Did you like it?
it’s pretty ok so far

not as good as rhf but still pretty good
Stomiks

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

flareling22 wrote:

mid melatonin thoughts:

So... Did you like it?
it’s pretty ok so far

What's rhf?
Topic Starter
179bpm

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

flareling22 wrote:

mid melatonin thoughts:

So... Did you like it?
it’s pretty ok so far

What's rhf?
rhythm heaven fever
Stomiks

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

179bpm wrote:

flareling22 wrote:

mid melatonin thoughts:

So... Did you like it?
it’s pretty ok so far

What's rhf?
rhythm heaven fever
Oh yeah that game's pretty good
Gengar9nn
honestly i'd reccomend pulsia
stsung
I like mostly BEMANI games like Beatmania IIDX (being my preferred game). Pump it Up is great too which is a 5 panel dance game. I mostly play arcade games so if someone wants to grind and suffer IIDX is a good choice. For fun and nice learning curve there's Sound Voltex. If you want to just enjoy watching some cool animations while hitting some buttons you can play Groove Coaster. Wacca is fun if it is still around in your area. Chunithm is super fun if you can play the higher levels or Expert difficulty in general.

For PC, I don't really know. You can play ITG always. Muse Dash is really cute and fun game.
BoomBox is a good VR game, the closest one there is to an actual rhythm game. Audica is kind of osu in 3d and the game itself is good.
Neigdoig
I wouldn't mind getting into the arcade games like DDR and PIU, but most likely, I'd get into IIDX and maybe GH through CH.
zapomnialam
Arcaea is fun
Topic Starter
179bpm
so i played dj hero for the first time yesterday and it was pretty good
Gengar9nn
p u l s i a

cool gamejam game with 2 songs, stuffs coming soon also its a unique type of rhythm game where you m o v e
Stomiks

Gengar9nn wrote:

p u l s i a

cool gamejam game with 2 songs, stuffs coming soon also its a unique type of rhythm game where you m o v e
Looks like pulsus with slightly altered game mechanics