General Path of Exile thread.

posted
Total Posts
35
show more
Sapphiire
This Game is just pay to win
tyrael6192

SoG Tava wrote:

This Game is just pay to win
?????

there is literally nothing you can buy in the game with real currency that isn't cosmetic aside from stash tabs, which you don't even need and don't affect the core gameplay mechanics whatsoever
Sapphiire

tyrael6192 wrote:

SoG Tava wrote:

This Game is just pay to win
?????

there is literally nothing you can buy in the game with real currency that isn't cosmetic aside from stash tabs, which you don't even need and don't affect the core gameplay mechanics whatsoever
tyrael6192
lmao that's just poor

following that argument any game is pay to win because you can just pay someone else to play it for you

and it's funny that athene should be complaining, because if gggames put all those trade restrictions into place he would never have got anywhere

the point is ultimately that you can achieve the same level of success whether you pay a third party or not, it just takes longer one way. that isn't pay to win, that's pay to drain all the enjoyment from your own game - especially when so much of the game is based on gear and character advancement
Sapphiire

tyrael6192 wrote:

that's pay to drain all the enjoyment from your own game
Exactly but yet manny people do it , and they are not only draining to enjoyement of there own game , they ruin it for other people two like that
Teliko
Athene uploaded that video as a joke. Anyone who actually believes that is also a joke.
Ciunek
According to his reasoning, every game that has anything that can be traded is pay to win, because there will ALWAYS be some 3rd party website, be it amazon or ebay or whatever else, that will sell items/ingame currency for real money. That point of view is, frankly saying, stupid. He has a point though, it's damn hard to stop.
Sapphiire

Teliko wrote:

Athene uploaded that video as a joke. Anyone who actually believes that is also a joke.
Nope it's not a joke maybe a bit trollish but definitely not a joke , that's your opinion



Ciunek wrote:

According to his reasoning, every game that has anything that can be traded is pay to win, because there will ALWAYS be some 3rd party website, be it amazon or ebay or whatever else, that will sell items/ingame currency for real money. That point of view is, frankly saying, stupid. He has a point though, it's damn hard to stop.
Yeah indeed the point of view is verry stupid i agree , but it's the damn truth
tyrael6192

SoG Tava wrote:

tyrael6192 wrote:

that's pay to drain all the enjoyment from your own game
Exactly but yet manny people do it , and they are not only draining to enjoyement of there own game , they ruin it for other people two like that
all those people do is shortcut their way to an eventually even playing ground (and in doing so, of course, forego the game's difficulty and enjoyment, so what's the point?)

if i can use league for a sec, it's kind of like saying this; two level 30s are laning against each other, except one bought an ip boost and has better runes as a result. therefore, league is pay to win. right?

going back to the core argument of third parties and athene's general point, we can also say league is pay to win because you can buy an elo boost. what would you say to that?
Sapphiire

SoG Tava wrote:

going back to the core argument of third parties and athene's general point, we can also say league is pay to win because you can buy an elo boost. what would you say to that?
Wel yeah League is also pay to win if you look it that way , sadly almost every game is pay to win in one way or another
tyrael6192
and that's exactly the point. if every game can be considered pay to win via third parties, then it's a null argument and athene is essentially saying nothing
Sapphiire

tyrael6192 wrote:

and that's exactly the point. if every game can be considered pay to win via third parties
that's the point of athene's video he just took Path of Exile as a example cause he was playin that atm
Teliko

SoG Tava wrote:

Teliko wrote:

Athene uploaded that video as a joke. Anyone who actually believes that is also a joke.
Nope it's not a joke maybe a bit trollish but definitely not a joke , that's your opinion
Calling it an opinion implies there's no right or wrong answer. Your first mistake was either taking anything Athene says seriously or actually thinking he knows what he's talking about.
tyrael6192
in that case the conclusion of his video should have been "video games? pay to win"

which i'm sure you understand is fucking dumb
Sapphiire
look i am not a athene fan boy , but honestly i do like him and no i don't take him 100 % seriously cause his vids are always kinda trollish exept for his documentery ect but in the end he do know what he is talking about

tyrael6192 wrote:

video games? pay to win"

which i'm sure you understand is fucking dumb
Yes it is dumb , verry dumb , but the truth
tyrael6192
dude reason it out for yourself it's a stupid argument
Teliko
The first post you made gives the impression that you literally just came here to argue. You need a more valid debate than "Athene said so lol".
Sapphiire

tyrael6192 wrote:

dude reason it out for yourself it's a stupid argument
well whatever

it seems like only Ciunek gets the point
JesusYamato
Me, Decay (Alewares) and KRZY are playing on ambush.
Anyone interested in joining us? I ditched league of legends for this and this was the best decision i've ever made LOL.
Skriggniichan
Been playing for a bit, the only thing I ever had happen to me that was crazy was my massive lucky rng one day. I was raking in around 7 chaos an hour and played for a good half day. Farming Docks couldn't have been better.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply