forum

[Archived] I have a stupid question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nocxx
Can i in theory, put a Osu!.exe file and some beatmaps in a usb stick and essentially play osu! In any computer/laptop i find?
Not a serious question but just curious
Jason X
You can do that, yes, but i'd advise against it, because if you play on a Computer that has been used by someone else, the system could detect you as a multiaccount (against the rules). Be wary of public computers especially for this.
Aireunaeus
if i could remember, there was a product named osu!go, where you can play osu anywhere with an usb stick. so, yeah it'll be possible.
Blushing
Shouldn't be an issue. You can actually take the entire osu! folder and put it on an usb stick and transport it to multiple computers or laptops and it work well, not just a few beatmaps and skins. You need not worry about accounts and what not just need to log out of any accounts that aren't yours, if this is a way to play then go ahead and do it - osu! is pretty portable and should be encouraged to play where you can.
Topic Starter
Nocxx
[quote="Jason X"]
You can do that, yes, but i'd advise against it, because if you play on a Computer that has been used by someone else, the system could detect you as a multiaccount (against the rules). Be wary of public computers especially for this.

oh ok then, so if i use it in say an internet cafe it should be fine right?
(the internet on cafe near me uses a sistem where it hard restarts the pc after you use it and cleans any account or data in the pc)
thanks for the info mate