forum

[Mania] Two identical charts with different SR

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bleaeach
I'm certain these two charts are identical, yet have different SR. The difference isn't minor at about .3*, so I don't want to ignore this.

Beatmap in question:
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to link sets here, I'm not trying to advertise, I'm not looking for feedback (I'm well aware this map isn't great, lol), but I can't figure this out so here you go:
beatmapsets/1879457#mania/3873617
Difficulties 5 & 5.5 are the identical ones I'm using to test. Sorry about the bloat with the other 3 difficulties, I'm not sure how to upload them separately.

I looked for circles hidden in sliders, notes in different columns, differently snapped notes, and unsnapped notes, nothing came up. I only found one difference:
A few chords in the difficulties' .osu are ordered differently.

Same object count, same columns, same slider lengths, same snaps, same timing points, same background, same .mp3, same everything aside from the difficulty names and the order of notes within chords in the .osu.

Am I missing something? Does anyone see a difference I don't? Did I misinterpret the patch that mentioned the order of notes within chords in the .osu file? Am I just making that up and there never was a line about the note order in the .osu in any patch?
abraker
Sounds like something that should have been fixed via https://github.com/ppy/osu/pull/19120. Either somehow that wasnt applied to this map or there is still some kind of note ordering bug present
Satoko Hojo
the sr farm moment
Topic Starter
bleaeach
I'm very sure this chart was made after that patch and I'm surprised to see it wasn't just me missing something totally obvious, lol.

Should I open a Github issue about this?
I'm not sure how else I'd point this out to someone who should see it, or if I need to in the first place.

Thanks for the replies :)